Service Interruption for zachbardon.com

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am unable to successfully access zachbardon.com via scripts or other means, this morning. Since it is the host for MapManager (i.e. the latest versions of shared data files) many scripts are showing IOException or similar errors.

I am on a 4G wireless connection and it may be that there is something about my connection that is causing the problem. Since North Korea may be engaging in a cyberattack on South Korea, the inability to contact the site may be collateral damage. This is a FYI if anyone else is having trouble contacting or a Nevermind if it is just me.

zarqon

Everything's working for me here in South Korea (this evening hehe).

The server is located in the US, though.

zarqon

Past tense? *checks* It's up there too. I didn't notice an outage, but if there was one I'm glad it was brief.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Back for me too. Apologies for assuming the geoloc. The number of posts about the great support zarqon was receiving from the host suggested to me a closer physical proximity than is actually the case.

Bale

Minion
When I get so many scripts trying to update mapfiles, I start to wish that mafia had a shorter time-out. Is there any way to make mafia recognize that it isn't getting a response and it should stop waiting?

I manually updated zversions to make it stop.

EdFox

Affected too, and verified back up. But may I make a suggestion: whatever checks for the updated data files could give up after say three tries and not keep trying on every turn?

I may not understand what's actually going on so if it's impossible, then disregard. And thanks for the service, Zarqon. :)