scripting an adventure to fight the naughty sorceress

halfvoid

So far i can't come up with a $location value that works.
I've tried several variations on

adventure ( 1, $location[Sorceress' Chamber] );
The Sorceress's Chamber
The Naughty Sorceress
Naughty Sorceress

and none of them work.

There's an effect i want to get rid of in the script i'm writing and best way is to visit the sorceress and run away.

Help please.

halfvoid

Oh. I've never used visit_url() before.

How do you determine what the url is that i'd need to visit?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Either visit it in the mini-browser, or see what the image of the chamber links to in the relay browser (something like right-click, copy link location, depending on your browser).

halfvoid

Basically, i have a script set up to adventure at one location until i get the cold blooded warm fuzzies buff. Then i hit the sorceress to wipe all buffs, then repeat.

I have a CSS set to smartstasis and head shield knee combo everything and to run away from the sorceress.

Does using visit_url still allow for the css functions to work or will i also need to add the runaway stuff to my script as well?

halfvoid

awesome. another one i've never used. damn me for only ever looking up cli executables.

also i've been trying to adventure somewhere until i get an item in another script.

Code:
add_item_condition( 1 , $item[the item] );
while (is_goal( $item[the item] ) == true)
   {
adventure ( 1, $location[the place the item drops] );
   }

but it only adventures once and says "Conditions not satisfied after 1 adventure."

how do i get it to adventure there until i get that item.

halfvoid

Actually, here. I'll just post the script. As of now, all it will do is buy up to 19 "drink me" potions, use one, and adventure one time in the red queens garden.

Attachments

• queenaught.ash
    602 bytes · Views: 33

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Are you wanting to remove the drink me buff before using another one for another map? You don't have to do that to keep farming maps.

halfvoid

With the method i'm using you do. Normally you get one map per 20 turns of down the rabbit hole you get from using a drink me potion. I'm expediting that by removing the excess turns leftover after i get a map to use another potion.

halfvoid

I've tested it out extensively by doing it while manually adventuring. But until they add the reflection of the map choice adventure selection to mafia, or i acquire an innate understanding of visit_url, this is the best i've come up with.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
With the method i'm using you do. Normally you get one map per 20 turns of down the rabbit hole you get from using a drink me potion. I'm expediting that by removing the excess turns leftover after i get a map to use another potion.

Use 10 drink me potions, for 200 turns of the effect. If you could get +900% items, you would get 10 maps in 10 turns, without removing the effect. Using the item increments a counter, getting a map to drop decrements it. All the effect does is give you access to the zone to get maps.

halfvoid

Oh. I guess i misunderstood the counter when i was reading about it then. Thanks for letting me know i was wasting my time. Heh.

Rinn

Developer
Since you've already figured out the map thing I'll say this about goals:
Code:
cli_execute("conditions clear");
add_item_condition( 1 , $item[reflection of a map] );
adventure( my_adventures(), $location[the red queen's garden] );

No reason to adventure once over and over, this will adventure until your goals are completed.

Last edited: