2 problems-
line 133: there's a missing ; before the } at the end

it still doesn't run properly even with the above corrected
here's the error message
Fetching WelcomePackages.txt...
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Sending welcome package to torellina
Level: 0 - Runs: 0 - Mainstat: none
it then sent an empty kmail to torellina who is incidentally at level 25 and has 24 ascensions.

I've attached the debug log in case it helps...

Thanks

Attachments

• DEBUG_20100325.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

slyz

Developer
This should take care of a couple of problems that I didn't see when I copied from the test script to this one:

• Apparently you found the missing ; (I forgot to check after adding the meat in the packages ^^).
  • Veracity provided a little bit of code to trim spaces around a player's name, mine didn't work as expected.
  • I wasn't putting everything in lowercase before comparing names inputted and names found on the clan roster.
  • A little logic error was fixed in my test script but stayed in the version I posted.
  • I completely failed at using Zarqon's vprint()... now that I finally understood how to use it, the script should stop when it encounters an error.

I also started playing with verbosity settings (different messages appear depending on your zlib verbosity setting). You can change the verbosity by doing zlib verbosity = 4 in the gCLI.

The default is 3. Set it at 4 if you want to see what the script is doing (while you are tying it out), 3 for normal output (once you are sure it doesn't do anything stupid), and 1 for quiet mode.

We're getting there!

Attachments

• WelcomePackage.ash
    10.9 KB · Views: 39

slyz

Developer
Newish version.
  • Data is checked when loaded, in some measure.
  • A package can now contain 0 items.
  • If a player in the list inputed doesn't receive a package, print a message, keep sending to other players, and print a summary.

Attachments

• WelcomePackage.ash
    11.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Bloviator

Here's the debug log for every time I tried to invoke the script.

Blov

Attachments

• DEBUG_20100329.txt
    46.5 KB · Views: 46

slyz

Developer
I finally got your data file. I forgot to mention that you couldn't have anything other than the data in those (no comments etc..).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8340 will no longer generate a stack trace when reading bad data via file_to_map. Instead, it will tell you why the data was bad and actually print the bad line from the file.

It also fixes a bug with reading nested records (which was not your issue).

slyz

Developer
Thanks Veracity, this should make things easier.

By nested records, did you mean records containing aggregates? If so, I was glad to see it worked, and now I'm wondering what the bug was.

EDIT:

"If there is insufficient data to fill a nested record, do not replace the nested record with a null. Leave it filled with defaults."

if I had a stat myRecord.mainstat for example, if nothing is specified in the data file, $stat[none] is stored there? What was the previous behavior?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is a nested record:

Code:
record abc
{
    int a;
    record
    {
        int x;
        int y;
    }
};

You can read those into a map from a data file containing 4 fields: the map index, an integer for a, an integer for x, and an integer for y. If you give fewer fields, no problem: we fill them with defaults. The bug was if your file had two fields, we'd clobber the nested (unnamed) record.

That was not your problem. Your program was doing something I was surprised worked: you were filling in fields one at a time - by field name. The problem came when a bad field name was in the data file. Here is my test program and test data which I used to reproduce the error from the debug logs:

Code:
record package
{
  int [item] itemList;
  int meat;
};

package [ int ] map;

file_to_map( "test.txt", map );

foreach key, val in map
{
  print( "key = " + key );
  foreach it, num in val.itemlist
  {
    print( "    it = " + it + " num = " + num );
  }
  print( "    meat = " + val.meat );
}

and

Code:
3	itemlist	gimlet	3
3	itemlist	gnocchetti di Nietzsche	2
3	itemlist	newbiesport tent	1
3	meat	36
3	bogus	100

slyz

Developer
Ok, so the error didn't come from the comment part of the WelcomePackages.txt Bloviator was using. Maybe a tab turned into a space? All columns must be separated by tabs, or else they will be considered as a bogus entry like Veracity described.

EDIT:
Your program was doing something I was surprised worked: you were filling in fields one at a time - by field name.
I build the map of records, used map_to_file(), found out it worked, and got the structure the data file had to obey.

Last edited:

Bloviator

Newest NDY scripts. Removes the sturdy Crimbo crate as a gift (they're getting expensive). Addresses the L16 and higher with no ascensions bug. Adds a text copy of the welcome letter.

Attachments

• WelcomeDCstock.txt
    539 bytes · Views: 63
  • WelcomePackages.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 66
  • WelcomePackage.ash
    12.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Welcome Letter.txt
    883 bytes · Views: 103
Last edited: