Script Folder Sharing

mredge73

Quick Question:

How would one go about sharing the same script and data folders using Win7 between multiple mafia installations?

Theraze

Win7, you can make links to do it on the same computer... but I'll only actually look up the right commands if that's the goal. I'm guessing Dropbox is actually the solution you're looking for.

Edit: Apparently this program should be able to create the links on-computer if that's what you want... http://dirlinker.codeplex.com/

Last edited:

mredge73

Same computer, I do use dropbox as my multiple computer solution, but I also have 2 installations since I run an automatic clan bot as well as my normal characters so the global preferences are different. (Ideally I would like everything the same but the global preferences)

I want to share the same script/data folder between the bot and my regular guy because I tend to keep making the same mistakes.
I tend to upgrade/edit scripts on one and forget to copy it to the other. So I am a disorganized mess when it comes to doing updates or making changes.

Theraze

Yeah, the dirlinker program should work for that then. :) Just make the ccs, data, relay, and script folder symbolic links.

mredge73

Thanks guys, Everything is up and running.

The dirlinker program is golden!
I wish I had it when I was trying to get my Win7 user folder off of my SSD.