Bug - Not A Bug Save Prices not working from the Store Manager

I just added items to my store and manually updated their prices. Clicking on Save Prices is not causing the prices to be saved. I am able to do it through the relay browser.

r10053

Edit: I just had a thought hat maybe it had to do with me trying to reprice lollipop sticks which are new and not in mafia yet, tested repricing something else and it looks like it's working. This is probably a non-issue.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Having just spent a fair amount of time looking at the Store Manager, I am going to recharacterize this from "Cannot Reproduce" to "Not a Bug". (I would change it to "Impossible to Fix", if we had such a category.)

The issue is that when we read the contents of your store, we see the item name and (perhaps) the item descid, but not the itemid - but changing the price of an item is done via the itemid. So, if you have manually added an unknown item to your store outside of KoLmafia - or in a previous KoLmafia session - when you look at your store in KoLmafia, it cannot manipulate it.

You had lollipop sticks in your store.
You ran a version of KoLmafia that did not yet have lollipop sticks.
KoLmafia was unable to manipulate the lollipop sticks in your store.

Note that if you had done a mall search and found somebody else's lollipop sticks, KoLmafia would have been able to figure out the item id from the mall search result, would have entered the item into its own database, and you would have been able to manipulate the item in your own store.

This is Not a Bug - or, at least, Not a Fixable Bug.