Rinn's Quest Scripts

Theraze

Working on adding Fist support for the scripts. So far I've added worldpunch to the Level 8 script, including farming up to 5 teachings if you don't have them yet. Considering making a script that just collects the teachings, based on the preferences, possibly up to a number (so you can tell it you want the 8th teaching and it will check, see you have 5, and get the next 3). The problem mostly lies in areas being available... haven't put CanAdv into any of the Rinn scripts except for Doc Galaktik, since that one varies depending on when you run the script. May end up adding CanAdv to the TeachFist script though. We'll see. Including if it even happens. :)

Anyways, besides Level 8, I know Level 11 has unique Fist content with beating up the BM. Anything I've forgotten? Once it's worked together, I'll drop up my new files.

Another change as well... tweaked the language in the Level 3/4/5/7 boss fights. It either says "instead" or "also" on the rewards, letting you know if you're getting an extra reward or replacing it.
Also, If you don't elect to take an alternate reward, it now sets MCD to 0 instead of leaving it wherever it was, as I got an unexpected reward today because BBB had adjusted MCD for the prior location and the script decided to leave the setting alone.

Theraze

Missed another bit... don't equip the worm hooks. Saw that above, forgot, added to script. Ah well. :)

Also threw a fun little script I made for my amusement in there, TeachFist. This will, if called by itself, try to get all 11 Teachings of the Fist scrolls (and use them) based on your mafia preferences. If you aren't in a fistcore path, it should tell you that. If you have (or achieve) all of the teachings, it will give you a message regarding that. Otherwise, it just adventures and sees how many of the Teachings it can pick up. There's a function inside, getNumberTeachings, that will try to collect up to this amount of teachings. This is currently used by the Level 8 script to make sure you have Worldpunch before you mine.It's still possible that you might not have unlocked enough areas for 5 Teachings, but... unlocking zones is on you. :)

The latest upload does also have a small tweak to CanAdv I made yesterday (and need to remember to report). Unlocking the menagerie takes having the menagerie key. Unlocking the lab/shaft takes the lab key. Current CanAdv believes the lab key unlocks both groups.

Theraze

Updated various bits of this again. The latest annoyances I've been purging are mostly when it runs a retrieve_item when the item is already equipped, so it removes the item only to immediately re-equip it. That's just stupid. And 2 (at least) wasted server hits.

Also fixed the Doc Galaktik quest to better notify you when it finishes...
Conditions satisfied after 4 adventures.

Visiting Doc Galaktik
You just completed the Doc Galaktik quest.
Figured out that the problem it had was that the final visit to Doc Galaktik was with the wrong URL... Galaktik.php instead of galaktik.php, so it never actually triggered the "Done!" bit. Also, reading the mafia saved preferences to save server hits when possible.

Far as I know, the versions (of the main path scripts) uploaded should work fine with all of the currently available challenge paths. If anyone finds a spot where they break down, let me know. Haven't even begun to look at Future and those tertiary scripts, but... someday. :)

Theraze

Changed files on the dropbox site, that I sort of remember:
Pirate.ash
HiddenCity.ash
Level 7.ash
Level 11.ash

HiddenCity got modified to use the new Hidden City (automatic) for its adventuring square instead of Hidden City, which no longer resolves uniquely.
Level 11 got modified not to ever equip the wormriding hooks, since that's not needed and we can save 2 server hits.
Level 7 got modified not to use the chest of the bonerdagon if you have a NZPR head in storage or available. Eventually I should remember to throw a check to see if you already have a NZPR, since you might be stockpiling them for the mall or a friend or something. Just don't want to have it screw up since it's a quest item, so it'll take another ascension to fix if you miss it.
Pirate (I think) got modified to check if you have the pirate fledges equipped. If you do, don't re-retrieve them just to prove that you've got them. That's just wasteful and screws you up later. Maybe something else, since it looks like I actually fixed that back earlier, but... did something with Pirate that I can't remember anymore but was probably due to something running improperly. Maybe threw in an extra condition clear or two in after it went to non-functional locations. :)

Theraze

Updated to work with Avatar of Boris, as follows (as I remember):
Level 11 will still create the Blackbird, but won't add it to the terrarium. Validated that you still need the guide, but can't grow it, so this was needed.
Level 8 updated to adventure for the ore immediately instead of trying to get the mining gear.
Level 6 updated to skip using the weapon and offhand comedy items.

Unrelated to Boris, but new:
Level 3 cleaned up to just use mafia's tavern and tavern("fight") functions.

Theraze

Updated with lots of random stuff... list as I can remember:
Level 11 will skip creating the Blackbird if you already have one. Before it would skip trying to get the parts, but if you managed to get them through RNG luck before it would still try to recreate it and fail because you had it in your terrarium already.
QuestLib will skip trying to raise your MCD if you're using zarqon's BBB script, since QuestLib will raise your MCD to max every fight and BBB will drop it back to safe levels. Two server hits, per adventure, removed. Yay!
Level 6, Pirate, Dinghy, HiddenCity, Future, Spookyraven, Spookyraven Upstairs, Wizard of Ego, Untinker, Doc Galaktik, Unlock Gallery, Level 10, Level 8, Level 7, Level 5, Level 4, Level 3... updated with... something. Probably noticed bugs and fixed them, but they all have modified dates after 3/2, so figured I'd mention them.

jlechem

I just downloaded the zip file from the main page and wanted to say thanks! However the level 11 script is broken, it has a few errors I've corrected. The location names in the Knob have changed. Also there appears to be a problem with the wine section, I'm still looking at it, I think the URL for the glyphs has changed, there isn't a valign=bottom> next to the image URL anymore. I'm testing it now to see if it works.

Theraze

Funny... script zip hasn't been updated in ~2 years. For anything current, go to my dropbox. :) It's linked just above the script listing on the OP... I throw most of my script folder there when I remember. Guess I should throw up the Zombie quest-fixes eventually. Level 8 quest is sort of working... it'll try to brute-force the yetis, but if you fail, it'll abort instead of wasting all your turns. So that's good, at least... Heh. Just hard to remember what I've done with them in the last 4 months. :p

Updated since I can remember:
Level 8 has some more tweaks, probably to make it work with Zombies.
Dinghy, Untinker, and miner all have tweaks... probably for the same reason.

Last edited:

Uli

Someone asked up thread, but the response did not work. Is there any script out there for the Primordial Fear quest?

And thanks for maintaining these and keeping them available for everyone!

Theraze

I've never actually run through those quests, so I haven't tried to make a (or update Zarqon's) script for it. From what Rinn said, sounds like if you do the 4 choice adventures manually, the Zarqon script should do the rest of it.

Uli

Ah, I didn't try to do those choice adventures yet, but when I copied that script into a file and saved it as an .ash, when I tried to run it, nothing happened in mafia. I'll try to run it after rollover after doing those four choice adventures. How would I go about adding those choice adventures into the script?

jlechem

It looks like the dropbox stuff is way more up to date. However it's not as neatly packaged as the zip. I'll get motivated and download them all over again.

Theraze

Well, yeah... it's all my current script folder at whatever point I remember to upload a new version. I could make it my current script folder, but there's a few other people, like Rinn, with write access... and I prefer actually checking and comparing my scripts, even ones like newLife, before using new versions. :) Call me weird or whatever, but... :p

But yeah, problem with the dropbox is that there's really nothing there that notes, "These are the Rinn Quest Scripts. Use these. Ignore the others..." because some of the other files, like pre-release versions of CanAdv and EatDrink, are marginally interesting to people besides me. :)

Theraze

So, which are you saying... symbolic link so that Dropbox/KoLmafia/Scripts is the same as Dropbox/Scripts, which I rejected above because other people legitimately have write access to Dropbox/Scripts, or put all the different scripts into Dropbox/Scripts, as they currently are?

In one case, we have status quo. In the other, something which I already rejected for reasons stated above. Is there a third which I missed seeing?

slyz

Developer
I'm not sure how Dropbox works. If you create a Dropbox/Scripts/RinnScripts folder, will people inherit the same access to it as for the Dropbox/Scripts folder?