New Content - Implemented Revamped Cobb's Knob

StDoodle

Minion
First, the url is now "cobbsknob.php" (rather than knob.php).

Also, lots of new stuff. Will try to post more info as it is available (thankfully, I'm in aftercore w/ full dwarven outfit, so if no one else spades some of this, I can).

First floor of Cobb's Knob

url: cobbsknob.php (same as cobbsknob.php?level=1)
Contains:
Barracks (adventure.php?snarfblat=257)
Kitchens (adventure.php?snarfblat=258)
Harem (adventure.php?snarfblat=259)
Treasury (adventure.php?snarfblat=260)
"To the Laboratories" (cobbsknob.php?action=tolab)
"Throne Room" (cobbsknob.php?action=throneroom) -- This is the king's chamber 2.0

Second floor of Cobb's Knob

url: cobbsknob.php?level=2 or cobbsknob.php?action=tolab)
Contains:
"Exit" (cobbsknob.php?level=1) leads back to 1st floor
"Dispensary" (cobbsknob.php?action=dispensary)
If you haven't found the dispensary password, lose 20HP
If you have found password, it functions as the old lab in disguise did
I think the store functions the same: store.php?whichstore=k&buying=Yep.
(plus pword hash & whichitem & howmany)
Link back to knob is now cobbsknob.php?level=2
Labratory (adventure.php?snarfblat=50)
The Knob Shaft (adventure.php?snarfblat=101)
"To the Menagerie" (cobbsknob.php?action=tomenagerie)

Third floor of Cobb's Knob

url: cobbsknob.php?level=3 or cobbsknob.php?action=tomenagerie)
Contains:
"Exit" (cobbsknob.php?level=2)
Menagerie Level 1 (adventure.php?snarfblat=51)
Menagerie Level 2 (adventure.php?snarfblat=52)
Menagerie Level 3 (adventure.php?snarfblat=53)
Cell #37 (cobbsknob.php?level=3&action=cell37)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
That was fast. I was hoping to have enough time to help out with a patch ^^

EDIT: forgot the "Thanks!"

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We still need monster stats and item drops.

And I haven't actually tried automating the Goblin King or verified that the MCD warning still works for him. I mark it as a valid adventuring zone if you either have the harem girl outfit and either have the perfume effect or have perfume, or have the elite guard uniform and can retrieve the cake - which I believe will work by making it, if you have the ingredients. It should put on the correct outfit and if it was the harem girl outfit, use the perfume, if necessary. None of that is tested.

It would be nice to recognize - and store in a per-ascension setting - that the Dispensary is available. Either getting the password adventure or going to the Dispensary and using the password should suffice to mark it as true. And the Dispensary should only be usable as an NPC store if you've unlocked it...

So, there still are a few things that I know about that need to be done. There are probably things I don't know about.

I'm going to leave all of the above to others to look into. :)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
MCD warning still shows up for the goblin king (and equips harem disguise, and uses a perfume), so that's one less thing to worry about. On the other hand, the link to the throne room persists after killing him, unlike before.

slyz

Developer
I'm working on a "lastDispensaryUnlock" preference. Here is what I have up to now.

When adventuring in the Cobb's Knob Barracks, AdventureRequest.parseNoncombatEncounter() can set lastDispensaryUnlock if a specific text matches. That is working for me now (at least when adventuring manually through the Relay Browser):
Code:
> outfit Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform

Putting on outfit: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform
Equipment changed.

> get lastDispensaryUnlock

[5738] Cobb's Knob Barracks
Encounter: It's Time to Play... Password!

> get lastDispensaryUnlock

I modified NPCStoreDatabase.java to use the lastDispensaryUnlock preference to decide whether the store is available or not, and this works too:
Code:
> set autoSatisfyWithMall = false

autoSatisfyWithMall => false

> set lastDispensaryUnlock = -1

lastDispensaryUnlock => -1

> acquire 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray

You need 1 more Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray to continue.

> set lastDispensaryUnlock = 52

lastDispensaryUnlock => 52

> acquire 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray

Searching for "knob goblin pet-buffing spray"...
Purchasing Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray (1 @ 250)...
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray
You spent 250 Meat
Purchases complete.

I don't really know how to set lastDispensaryUnlock when the dispensary is visited through the relay browser or a visit_url() though. I'll play around until I find something that works. Until then, here is the current patch.

EDIT: ninja'd by Bale with a better solution. GenericRequest.parseResults() was the way to go!

Attachments

• DispensaryUnlock.patch
    2.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I put in Bale's patch and one line of slyz's patch.

I don't know of anything else that needs to be done for the new Knob, so I'm marking this New Content Implemented.

Darzil

Developer
We still need monster stats and item drops.

Got most of the drop rates here : (about as spaded as stuff with low %'s can be I guess, this soon after)

http://kolspading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=243
Harem:
Harem Girls - Disease 10%, Finger Cymbals 5%, T-Shirt about 2%, Pants 20%, Veil 20%
Harem Guards - Deluxe Scimitar 10%, Knob Nuts 15%
Madams - Whalebone Corset 15%, Perfume 25%

Treasury:
MBA - Meat Stack 20%, Meat Stack 5%, Bag of Powdered Sugar 15%
Accountant - Meat Stack 25%, Flimsy Clipboard 15%
Bean Counter - Same as before except Hill of Beans now 50%, and doesn't drop Meat Stack

Barracks:
Lice - No drops
off Duty KGE - Pants 10%, Polearm 10%, Shirt 10% (CAN be pickpocketted), Bugle 10%, Wurstbrau 15%
KGE - Helm 10%, Pants 10%, Shirt 10% (CAN be pickpocketted), Bugle 10%, Wurstbrau 15%

Kitchens
Oven - Overcookie 20%, Oven Mitts 5%
Rest probably unchanged.

Don't think Alchemist is spaded yet for drop rates.

Theraze

Which brings a question... should there be an alternative to 'c' for shirts and other conditional, but pickpocket-able items?

Winterbay

Got most of the drop rates here : (about as spaded as stuff with low %'s can be I guess, this soon after)

http://kolspading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=243
Kitchens
Oven - Overcookie 20%, Oven Mitts 5%
Rest probably unchanged.

That is interesting... I ran into 6 Ovens yesterday and got both cookie and mitts from both of them with ~+100% item drops. I must've had incredible luck with those drops there. Well depending on your definition of luck I guess, it's not like I wanted any of the drops at that time :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I guess I'll reopen this: I still need HP, attack, and defense for the monsters. And Meat drops.
I'll submit the item drops.

Darzil

Developer
Spading on new Foods :

Overcookie: Food (decent), Level required 3, 1 fullness (2 adv, 3-5 mus, 3-5 mys, 3-5 mox)
Knob Jelly Donut: Food (good), Level required 4, 1 fullness (3 adv, 2-3 mus, 2-3 mys, 2-3 mox)
Knob Nuts: Food (good), Level required 4, 1 fullness (3 adv, 1-4 mus, 1-4 mys, 1-4 mox)
Philosopher's Scone: Food (good), Level required 4, 2 fullness (4-5 adv, 8-10 mus, 8-10 mys, 8-10 mox)
Cobb's Knob Wurstbrau: Booze (good), Level required 4, 1 drunk (2-3 adv, 4-6 mus, +5-10 MP)

Also added drops for Alchemist, 15% chance of Philosopher's Scone, 25% Half-baked Potion. Drops no meat.

Meat drops (+/- 20% as usual):

Knob Goblin Bean Counter : 60
Knob Goblin MBA : 70
Knob Goblin Accountant : 50
Knob Goblin Master Chef : 30
Cobb's Knob Oven : No Meat
Knob Goblin Sous Chef : 20
off-duty Knob Goblin Elite Guard : 50
Knob Goblin Elite Guard : 50
Knob Lice : No Meat
Harem Girl : No Meat
Harem Guard : No Meat
Madam : No Meat
Alchemist : No Meat

Barracks Stats (all +/- 1):

Lice Def 23, Att 25, HP 30
KGE Def 28, Att 25, HP 30
odKGE Def 23, Att 30, HP 30

Kitchen Stats (+/-1 except where noted):

Master Chef Def 20, Att 22, HP 20
Oven Def 18 (+1/-0), Att 20, HP 20
Sous Chef Def 18 (+1/-0), Att 20, HP 15 (+/-0)

Treasury Stats (All +/-1):

Bean Counter Def 22, Att 24, HP 20
MBA Def 23, Att 25, HP 20
Accountant Def 20, Att 22, HP 20

Harem Stats (All +/-1):

Harem Guard Def 23, Att 25, HP 20
Madam Def 23, Att 30, HP 30
Harem Girl Def 23, Att 25, HP 20

Lab Stats :

Mad Scientist Def 36 (+2/-1), Att 40 (+/-2), HP 25 (+/-1)
Very Mad Scientist Def 41 (+/-2), Att 45 (+/-2), HP 30 (+/-1)
Alchemist Def 36 (+2/-1), Att 40 (+/-2), HP 45 (+/-2)

Think that's all you need ?

Last edited:

Theraze

Just one issue... guessing that the defensive values above are the post-drop values, based on the ones with 18 def. At 20 REAL defense, +5% would be 21, -10% would be 19 and -5% would be 19, -10% (with floor) would be 18, displaying the exact values you're giving us.

Do you want me to figure out the rest of the actual defense values? We do need the pre-90 value, because that's where the +-5% happens... Some are obvious... 41 becomes 45, 23 becomes 25, etc. Others are more difficult.

With the exception of the barracks though, they all match for attack and defense. Let me just quickly calculate out the barracks...

25 Lice
32 KGE
25 odKGE

The KGE is odd... Just can't remember how the rounding works, if it turns the numbers to ints every time, but I think it does. Here's the math on the KGE, since I was confused as to 31/32 for the right defense initially...

31*.95=29.45, int is 29. 29*.9=26.1, int is 26.
31*1.05=32.55, int is 32. 32*.9=28.8, int is 28.

32*.95=30.4, int is 30. 30*.9=27, already int.
32*1.05=33.6, int is 33. 33*.9=29.7, int is 29.

As you can see, KGE should be 32 defense for the observed 27-29 range.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Do you want me to figure out the rest of the actual defense values? We do need the pre-90 value, because that's where the +-5% happens... Some are obvious... 41 becomes 45, 23 becomes 25, etc. Others are more difficult.
Theraze, I KNEW you were going to assume that I had submitted the exact values listed and comment on it, rather than look at what I actually submitted.

No further comment - or submit from me.

Theraze

Well, from trying to find which KGE is added, I'm not finding any with 32 defense... We have the KGEC with 29 defense and attack, and KGEG with 30 defense and 25 attack... for that matter, not a single enemy in an updated monsters.txt with 32 defense.

Darzil

Developer
They are the values shown by the Dwarven War Outfit. For full spading details see the kolspading link from the previous page.

Also those shown in game for the old ones.

Last edited:

Theraze

Re: Veracity, I noted that because the one currently in with the updated monsters.txt for the KGE guard is the same one that the wiki has... 30 defense, what it used to be with the old mob, or to say it slightly differently, pre-Darzil's new spading.

I checked that one and it wasn't updated. The others may have been properly implemented, but that one changed and wasn't using the new 32 for defense, hence my post.

And yes... I normally half-write posts, check, and then submit. I've scrapped more posts than I've actually submitted, because reality was that it was already updated. :) This one just warranted posting based on the KGEG check.

Edit: Oven and Sous Chef must also be 21 defense, not 20, as that provides (as close to possible) the observed range. With the exception of a full -5%, -4% to +5% all falls into the observed range. Nothing else works to give 18-19 observed defense.

Mad Scientist and the Alchemist must be 42 defense, not 40, again, closest to observed range. With the exception of full +5% it goes properly, with -5% to +4% falling into the range of 35-38 defense observed.

Very Mad Scientist is either 46 or 47 defense, depending on which side is incorrect. It's either -5% with 46 or +5% with 47 defense. Only the extreme on either case is there to say which is correct... to_int(to_int(46*.95)*.9)=38 which is -3, not within the range. to_int(to_int*(47*1.05)*.9)=44 which is +3, again outside the range...

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Ok, now I understand it better, these are the values (pre-reduction to 90%) :

Barracks
Lice - 25 ML, 30 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 22-24 Def, 24-26 Att, 29-31 HP)
KGE - 25 Att, 31 Def, 30 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 27-29 Def, 24-26 Att, 29-31 HP)
odKGE - 30 Att, 25 Def, 30 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 22-24 Def, 29-31 Att, 29-31 HP)

Kitchen
Master Chef - 22 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 19-21 Def, 21-23 Att, 19-21 HP)
Oven - 20 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 18-19 Def, 19-21 Att, 19-21 HP) - Theraze, the reduce to 90% happens after the +/-5%, so 20+/-1, 19 goes to 18, and 21 to 19, hence 18-19)
Sous Chef - 20 ML, 15 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 18-19 Def, 19-21 Att, 15 HP)

Treasury
Bean Counter - 24 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 21-23 Def, 23-25 Att, 19-21 HP)
MBA - 25 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 22-24 Def, 24-26 Att, 19-21 HP)
Accountant - 22 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 19-21 Def, 21-23 Att, 19-21 HP)

Harem
Harem Guard - 25 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 22-24 Def, 24-26 Att, 19-21 HP)
Madam - 30 Att, 25 Def, 30 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 22-24 Def, 29-31 Att, 29-31 HP)
Harem Girl - 25 ML, 20 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 22-24 Def, 24-26 Att, 19-21 HP)

Lab
Mad Scientist - 40 ML, 25 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 35-38 Def, 38-42 Att, 24-26 HP)
Very Mad Scientist - 45 ML, 30 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 39-43 Def, 43-47 Att, 29-31 HP)
Alchemist - 40 ML, 45 HP (Dwarven outfit shows 35-38 Def, 38-42 Att, 43-47 HP)