Feature - Implemented Request re: Simplify-breakfast-summoning

re: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?7...ing.-Do-not-assume-that-a-summon-succeeds-and

Can this be further tweeked that if you exit ronin or break prism and what you COULD summon changes it would become possible to un-dim the button and have a second breakfast?

Cases of use include pasta with advanced pasta not HC perm (remember skills, mafia does not note that you can get 2 more pasta today) or the sc example of being able to pull the sauce accessory that allows additional sauce summons.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, you can already type the "breakfast" command as often as you want, and if you have broken Ronin or freed the king in Hardcore, it will pull Crimbo toys and such and use them for you. For some reason, it would refuse to look at your skills, if it thought it had used them all already. Considering that you can buy a new summoning skill in-run - or learn a skill or get an item which will increase your limits - that seems wrong.

Revision 9586 will look at all the configured breakfast skills every time you invoke breakfast, even if it thinks you have completed breakfast.

I don't use any "buttons" to summon breakfast. I assume you mean Daily Deeds. I'll let somebody else, more familiar with that module, consider "un-dimming" the button. Doing so when "what you COULD summon" sounds tricky. I'm not sure how to easily discern that without tying it in all over - skill learning, item acquisition, freeing king, breaking Ronin, ...

roippi

Developer
Since I have it open in another window, this is what determines the availability of the breakfast button:
Code:
			this.setEnabled( !Preferences.getBoolean( this.preference ) );
where the preference in question is breakfastCompleted.

So, as Veracity says, you'd have to tie in lots of disparate code to reset that preference when you do something. Frankly a pretty large undertaking for what seems to be an extremely marginal gain.

Sorry, sort of a tangent as the OP was talking about Ronin/Prism.

Is it possible to reset the Daily Deeds panel upon ascension? Current work around is to logout/login.

Winterbay

The breakfast property would be one thing I guess. I seem to recall that I needed to log out and back in again for it to run breakfast after ascension. (but I may be wrong)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Legendary beat and outrageous sombrero always stick around for me. Probably everything that depends on an item being in your inventory.

Darzil

Developer
Free rests sticks around, or did for me this time.
I'd just permed Disco Power Nap softcore, then ascended into Hardcore and it said I had 0/2 free rests used.
Later I stupidly used one without thinking, it used an adventure resting, then the free rest button vanished.
So might be that free rests sticks around, or that it only checked for a softcore perm.

roippi

Developer
Ah. See, that's a bug with the listener attached to the item not firing when the item quantity changes. Therefore run() never gets called which would setVisibility(false). Details help.

I'll roll that fix into my daily deeds revamp.

edit: same deal with some of the skill listeners.

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't realize you needed that kind of detail.

Also, include the snack vending machine as showing up as available, even though it is not.

roippi

Developer
r10339 forces a refresh of dailyDeedsPanel after ascending. Tested once.

I think with that and Veracity's original commit, this can be marked implemented.

Last edited: