Repricing

dj_d

I'd like to reprice existing items in my mall store so they're more likely to sell. It looks like I might be able to get the items by iterating over every item in the database and using shop_amount(). Very inefficient but it should work.

Then I can get those items out of the mall - but its an ugly hack again, as best I can tell; I have to acquire the amount on hand plus the amount in the store; I don't see a function to pull out of the store directly.

Finally, I can put the item(s) back in. I can use mall_price(), which is fine - probably a reasonable price to get them to sell. Maybe mall_price minus a constant.

So I can see a very ugly, hacky way to get there - can anyone think of anything better? The undercut command only works if they're at max price, and doesn't give me the flexibility I'd like around what the price is set at.

Catch-22

manageprices.php has everything you need and is going to be really easy for you to interface with using visit_url() :)

dj_d

True, but I'd rather do it through Mafia interfaces if possible. Kolmafia rarely breaks scripts (=/== being a notable exception) while php pages get shifted around a lot.

mredge73

Is manageprices.php accessible through mafia?

Most mall .php's are censored from .ash

I am currently experimenting with a way to get better prices.
Currently I am averaging mall_price/historic_price with that that I get from value.ash, I am hoping that this gets closer to a good sell price.
Value.ash prices are usually too low and mall_price is usually too high, so somewhere in the middle is what I am experimenting with.

Last edited:

Catch-22

True, but I'd rather do it through Mafia interfaces if possible. Kolmafia rarely breaks scripts (=/== being a notable exception) while php pages get shifted around a lot.

How do you think a built-in Mafia function would be doing it? Everything has to relate back to the game web pages somehow.

Is manageprices.php accessible through mafia?

Most mall .php's are censored from .ash

I am fairly sure you can access manageprices.php through ASH, it doesn't permit unrestricted mall searching so it shouldn't be blocked.

dj_d

But when Kol changes the pages, it's Veracity and Jason who fix it. I don't have to worry about it. :)

mredge73

Have you been able to make any progress on this?
I am in need of something that can do this but like you I don't want to have to remove an item and then put it back at the new price. This will make things slow with lots of server hits.