Feature - Implemented removing attack-on-login

I think this bug is actually closed...

Well, actually, the point I had in mind when making the thread was that Mafia couldn't get my equipped gear or stats and junk if I log in while caged. The unsupported choice adventure thing was an afterthought.

Theraze

But regardless, it won't be able to run those parts because of the cage... we could get around that by making the choiceadventure automatically release you. Which isn't what you want, but it would fix the 'bug' of having chosen to not be able to play.

mredge73

I think this bug is actually closed, and what you're requesting is...

Not sure how it can be closed. The title is:
Logging in while trapped in the cage causes issues...

This issue only occurs when logging in while being trapped in the cage.

Last edited:

mredge73

If you really want it to work that way, couldn't you just disable the main breakfast and run it through calling the breakfast command in your login script? You could even have your login script turn the options back on, capture the state of the breakfast command running so it couldn't abort your execution, and disable it again when done...

This is the workaround that I was thinking about implementing a couple of weeks ago. I just don't know how to turn the options on and off, but I am sure I can figure it out.

Theraze

I believe the setting is a combination of alwaysGetBreakfast, getBreakfast, and getBreakfast.name (lowercase character name, so on a character named Theraze, getBreakfast.theraze). They're all found in GLOBAL_PREFS, not specific prefs for the different accounts...

From looking at the source, it seems if you run a captured CLI_EXECUTE("breakfast"), that should run the BreakfastManager.getBreakfast command, with full execution set. Toaster, Rumpus, VIP, Guild Manual, Crimbo toys, Hermit clovers, harvesting garden, Big Island, Volcano Island, mana restoration (if set), cast skills, cast book skills, and then set/fail breakfastCompleted.

Easiest way to do this would be completely disabling automatic breakfast execution, and just running a captured 'breakfast' command as part of your login script... Could even run it multiple times if you wanted to, depending on which clan you're in, etc.

But regardless, it won't be able to run those parts because of the cage... we could get around that by making the choiceadventure automatically release you. Which isn't what you want, but it would fix the 'bug' of having chosen to not be able to play.

Well, I was thinking that if Mafia knew it couldn't do those things in a cage, it could wait until you got out of your cage to try them. Because as it stands, it looks for the equipped list and character sheet, fails to find them, and assumes I'm naked and also have 0 base stats somehow.

Of course I have no clue how this thing works so that might be very not easy. <.<;

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
The alternative would be to fetch the stats from charpane.php, I suppose, but you can't very well get the equipped items from there.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Of course I have no clue how this thing works so that might be very not easy. <.<;
You want it to suspend the login process until you get out of the cage. Presumably, it provides you a way to get out of the cage; otherwise, how could it tell?

My thought for dealing with this - and any other fight or choice that you find yourself in the middle of when you try to log in - is to pop up a modal window with a mini-browser in it and force you to finish the combat or choice and press a "continue logging in" button.

That is still a goal, but it is far from easy; I've had it on my "to do" list for years and haven't had the time to work it out. Looking at my svn workspace, I see that I last worked on that project on April 21, 2009.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And, I'm merging this with the other "logging in while in the middle of an battle or choice adventure" bug report...