Bug - Not A Bug Rapid Prototyping only works with turns available

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is a KoL bug, and I reported it:

I have the Rapid Prototyping skill.
I have not used it today. Therefore, I have 5 free crafts available.
I attempt to do some fancy cocktailcrafting and get this:

You don't have that many adventures left. It takes <i>time</i> to make a good cocktail, man.

If I make a turn available, it works, and tells me:

That rapid prototyping programming you downloaded is really paying dividends!

I can use Inigos and do free crafting with zero turns.
Why not Rapid Prototyping?
I expect one of two things will happen:

- Crickets. No response, no fix
- Gemelli will say "This is a known bug. Thanks for the report!". Followed by no fix.

However, our handling of this skill doesn't completely match either KoL's current behavior or its behavior should they actually fix it.

- ConcoctionDatabase.getFreeCraftingTurns() takes both Inigo and available Rapid Prototyping into effect. Therefore, it will show creations available that require turns even if you have 0 turns available. That does not agree with KoL's current behavior.
- However, if you are doing fancy mixing or cooking, autoRepairBoxservant fails because it notices you have 0 turns and checks only Inigo. I can change it to use getFreeCraftingTurns and it will attempt to craft - and then KoL will fail it.

I will fix the second. The question is, should we also adjust getFreeCraftingTurns to NOT consider Rapid Prototyping crafts unless you have a turn available - which will not be used - to account for the current KoL bug? If so, I fully expect bug reports here complaining that "I have Rapid Prototyping but KoLmafia doesn't show fancy recipes if I have turn-free checked and zero turns."

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Once things slow down for big content design, I will make sure to bring up Rapid Prototyping again in /dev. Already had that planned, actually.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Naughty Sorceress revamp at rollover tonight
New PVP season, ditto
IOTM, ditto - or soon thereafter
2 FOTYs, in two weeks or so.
An item to allow us to continue to enjoy Crimbots. (One can hope!)

Why would things be especially busy right now? ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
From Gemelli (#384532) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Friday, January 02, 2015, 12:56PM

This is a known issue -- it's on our list of things to fix.

Thanks for the report!
;)