Bug - Fixed r8853 - Booze manager lists Tavern beers when Tavern hasn't been unlocked yet

Fluxxdog

FINALLY got an ascension started on another character when I noticed the 3 beers that get sold at the Typical Tavern aren't actually available (this was at LV2). Trying to buy them with enough meat (yes, I made sure of that) results in:
Code:
Searching for "overpriced "imported" beer"...
Purchasing overpriced "imported" beer (1 @ 100)...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
[COLOR="red"]You need 1 more overpriced "imported" beer to continue.[/COLOR]
Searching for "plain old beer"...
Purchasing plain old beer (1 @ 50)...
[COLOR="red"]You need 1 more plain old beer to continue.[/COLOR]
Searching for "day-old beer"...
Purchasing day-old beer (1 @ 25)...
[COLOR="red"]You need 1 more day-old beer to continue.[/COLOR]

Theraze

Can't shop at the Typical Tavern until level 3

When I forget and try to use the list of consumables available in mafia, it offers the various beers immediately. It would be nice if mafia was aware that the Typical Tavern doesn't exist at least until level 3, since I don't know if it's aware when the quest starts, which is the point you can actually buy the items... this time, when I hit level 3, I manually ran the council command and then was actually able to buy the overpriced imported to end the day.

roippi

Developer
IIRC we still need to add a turned-in-the-mosquito-larva user preference. It was for something else, but it's needed here too.

Or wait. Shop isn't available until you clear the tavern quest. I think we still might need a preference for that as well.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
You can shop from the tavern before the quest is complete as long as the tavern is accessible, there's a link in Bart Ender's text.

Theraze

Yeah, soon as you actually get the Level 3 quest from the council, the shopping works fine...

Theraze

Mafia not aware of tavern availability

Until you actually visit the bartender in the tavern, you can't buy his beers, but mafia believes they're available before that. There might be an entry in the quest log that notes this. I'll try to update this if nobody has by my next ascension. If you're below level 3, or the quest isn't in your log at all though, it's definitely not available for shopping.

Theraze

Yes... this one would affect the is_available check or whatever it's called that gets used by NPCStoreDatabase. :) I was prompted by the Black Market FReq to get this one accurate as well...

Theraze

This could be checked by looking at if the lastTavernAscension property has been reset to your current ascension yet, since that is set as soon as you go down into the cellar for the first time. There's no guarantee that someone will actually go down into the cellar after talking to the bartender... but until quest tracking gets extra elaborate, it would be an easy way to check for shop availability.

slyz

Developer
I don't think so, I don't see anything about The Typical Tavern (storeId = "v") in NPCStoreDatabase.canPurchase().

EDIT: to have access, you have to reach level 3 and return the mosquito larva to the Council of Loathing.

Theraze

Oops. Least I waited almost two months before I forgot what I'd asked for. Sorry for duplications. :(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yet another, earlier, duplicate. Surprisingly, this one was NOT by Theraze.

I merged it in, anyway.

roippi

Developer
r10511.

I notice that we don't refresh concoctions immediately when the status of an NPC store changes, so the beers won't show up until the next concoctions refresh. I suspect this happens with other NPC stores too.