Bug - Fixed r14935 - Castle Top Floor progress handled incorrectly

Fluxxdog

When visiting the Top Floor of the Giant's Castle, preference questL10Garbage is set to at least 'step9' if you fail. In QuestManager.java, line 1018, it only checks if the current location is the top floor and responseText is not consulted. I snagged the HTML for failing to access the top floor both and without the ground floor unlocked.

Fail without ground floor unlocked
HTML:
<center><table><tr><td>You have to learn to walk before you can learn to fly.<p>Also you can't get to the top floor of a building if you can't get to the ground floor.<p>
Fail with ground floor
HTML:
<center><table><tr><td>The door at the top of the ground floor stairway is also closed, and you're still too short to reach a doorknob that's forty feet over your head.<p>You'll have to figure out some other way to get upstairs.<p>

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This particular instance is fixed in 14964. There are several other cases where this setting gets incorrectly advanced, and plenty of places where there's a lack of responseText checking, but I'm not planning to track down the messages for each of those cases.

Fluxxdog

Well, if you can point them out, I can keep an eye out for them and get the HTMLs for you. I've been doing quite a few runs lately. I can set up autostops in my bBS so I can make sure to grab them.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are probably 50 different URLs that I'll try visiting at level 1 at some point. The handling is all in session/QuestManager.java.