Bug - Fixed r14708 and newer fail to load Daily Deeds panel; prevent chat during automation.

Ensiferum

This is bit tough to report since the behaviour isn't very consistent.

1. Starting since r14708 the Daily Deeds panel in the Adventure frame fails to load after a random deed. This behaviour changes across KoLMafia restarts - ocassionaly all the set deeds are loaded, but on most of the restarts it breaks around the Summoning Chamber one.

Screenshot with different loaded states provided:
DailyDeeds.jpg

When started from the menu, the separate Daily Deeds window loads everything fine regardless of what the panel in Adventure frame is already displaying.

Debug log from mafia's start to the point where the interface is loaded and Daily Deeds window opens:
View attachment DEBUG_20140926.txt

Attempting to send a chat message while any automation is running does not work. The typed-in line remains in the chat CLI even after multiple hits of "enter" and is only sent once the automation finishes.

For the moment I suspect both the issues come from the change to threads handling made in r14707, but you are the folks with experience to confirm or deny it.

roippi

Developer
It was more likely r14708 itself that broke it, which I reverted in r14710. Can you still reproduce in the latest build?

Ensiferum

It was happening in 14710 and 14711 (where the debug log is from) just the same, so that's why i suspected the initial change in 14707.

Last edited: