Bug - Not A Bug r12223 - Maximizer suggests Oilsphere outside of AoJ

Fluxxdog

So I clicked the "effects with no direct source, etc." on the maximizer while searching for stench resistance and it suggested I learn to cast Oilsphere or get it from a buffbot. Catch: I'm in a BIG! run and Oilsphere can only be learned by AoJ's. Also, I've never seen anything in my plays that would suggest AoJ Spheres are buffs.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So I clicked the "effects with no direct source, etc."...
While interesting, considering that you went out of your way to ask for things that provide the desired effect using methods that are unavailable to you, are you really surprised that it suggested something you can't get?

In other words, does this matter, even a little bit?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That's what happens for any skill you don't currently have (I tested with Leash and "familiar weight"). Mafia mostly doesn't track whether something is actually a "buff" (even if it could be sorted out by skill number or something), so it makes a suggestion that doesn't quite apply, and it really won't cause much confusion for anyone. I don't see anything that needs changing.

Fluxxdog

It just seemed very odd that it thinks Oilsphere is a buff to begin with. Sure nothing major, but thought something else was messed up. So, why did it list it as a buff?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It just seemed very odd that it thinks Oilsphere is a buff to begin with. Sure nothing major, but thought something else was messed up. So, why did it list it as a buff?

Because it's an effect that comes from a skill. The same reason it calls Leash a buff.