Bug - Fixed r11576 - Mafia searches for untradable item in mall

Fluxxdog

Code:
Searching for "magical mystery juice"...
searchmall.php: redirected to a fight page.
The fact that it gets redirected isn't the bother. The bother is that it's trying to search the mall for MMJ.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What did you do to cause that? Everything I try goes right to the NPC store. Of course, that is with a Myst class character and/or Accordion Thief.

Ah. I tried with a Seal Clubber and it did a mall search, found nothing, and told me it couldn't get it.

Just curious - why are you trying to buy an MMJ from a class that can't get to the Myst Guild store?

gnaddelwarz

stats are equal

If I have to guess, it's the Universal Recovery Script, hitting a different bug:

> ash my_primestat()
Returned: Moxie

> ash (my_primestat()==$stat[Mysticality])
Returned: true
(UR uses this to decide, if mmj are available)

> ash ($stat[Muscle] == $stat[Moxie])

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That's likely caused by 11575, and should be fixed in 11578. Optimistically marking this Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluxxdog

What did you do to cause that? Everything I try goes right to the NPC store. Of course, that is with a Myst class character and/or Accordion Thief.

Ah. I tried with a Seal Clubber and it did a mall search, found nothing, and told me it couldn't get it.

Just curious - why are you trying to buy an MMJ from a class that can't get to the Myst Guild store?
Not sure what was causing it exactly. My bBS would exit successfully, so it wasn't that. I do remember that mafia would buy a couple MMJs if possible for emergency use during battle, but I've not had it do that whenI was a Muscle class (TT to be specific).
And during a fight, no less.
Yeah, that bugged me too. For some reason, if my next encounter was a fight, it would do that. If it was a non-com, no problem.
If I have to guess, it's the Universal Recovery Script, hitting a different bug:

> ash my_primestat()
Returned: Moxie

> ash (my_primestat()==$stat[Mysticality])
(UR uses this to decide, if mmj are available)

> ash ($stat[Muscle] == $stat[Moxie])
That's likely caused by 11575, and should be fixed in 11578. Optimistically marking this Fixed.
OK, so it wasn't a mall thing, just a side effect of using enum. Nice to know it was an easy enough find. Party on!