Bug - Fixed r10759: semirare window warning prevents autorecovery

AtlanteanScion

If KoLmafia warns me about breaking a 100% familiar run, then it won't warn me about having a ten-leaf clover in my inventory. I only get one pre-combat warning.

Since boss fights have an MCD pre-combat warning, perhaps it overrides the 100% familiar warning or vice versa. I haven't spaded this, but it might be worth checking.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You are correct. We do not currently have the FEATURE of being able to have an arbitrary number of pre-combat warnings.

muczachan

Relay: "between battle" fail info page hides boss ML and Semi-rare warning pages.

Hi.

Functionality introduced in 10446 in form of relay page showing on "between battle" failure provides an image to click if you don't really care and want to go adventure anyway. Unfortunately the image link leads straight into the fray. Even if it's a Semi Rare adventure or if mafia should nag you about setting "proper" ML for Boss Bat, Goblin King and possibly Bonerdagon.

Steps to reproduce:
* make "between battle" script do something that fails, for example put all your meat into closet and set mood to unconditionally use a hair spray
* visit Goblin King Throne Room (while he's still alive, obviously), same with Boss Bat, probably same with Bonerdagon (haven't checked yet) -- or wait for your cookie counter
* observe how the "between battle fail" warning page image transfers you straight to the encounter

O_3_141592

When adventuring in the relay browser the warning appears that the "semirare window begin counter" is up and I click on the icon to proceed, no autorecovery happens before the adventure is started.

IIRC the same problem happened with the "do you want to change the MCD"-warning at the boss bat chamber earlier this week (running r10716)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is actually related to this feature request. The issue is that we have multiple warning screens that we can pop up:

- recovery failed
- boss MCD
- 100% familiar
- counter
- clover
- Naughty Sorceress item

In all of the above, you can click on an image to proceed without being nagged again, but the way we do that prevents us from considering the other nags. Each of the above needs its own nag-prevention field.

I'm going to merge this into the other report, since it's the same issue and the same fix.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, I finally did this. Turns out we have 10 different warning screens that we'll pop up:

counter expiration
clover protection
MCD for bosses
100% familiar protection
before battle recovery
missing sorceress item
wossname protection
turn in dimes and quarters before entering enemy camp
infernal seals without a club
Demonstar without suitable equipment

Obviously, not all of those can happen at once, but I assigned a unique confirmation field for each of them, and when you confirm a particular warning, we'll add that confirmation to the URL to skip it and will move on to the next possible warning.

I tested with a fortune cookie expiring while I had a clover in inventory. I was required to confirm both warnings.

I'm going to optimistically mark this fixed, but there was plenty of room for error. I'm sure somebody will tell me if they fail to get an expected warning...