New Content - Implemented Quasireligious sculpture changes to Cyrpt evil not recognized

Lilac

Mafia handily displays the Evilometer on cyrpt.php, but does not update its numbers after using a quasireligious sculpture from the KOLHS path. The sculpture removes 4-5 evil from each zone.

Could Mafia detect usage of the sculpture and force a check of the Evilometer to refresh those numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darzil

Developer
Whilst looking at that bit, may also be worth forcing areas to zero when the image of the area is no longer there. Accidentally did modern zombies with blindness from Helps-you-sleep yesterday, and still have 50 evil in alcove.

I guess as it's 4-5 we reduce each by 4, and correct if we find ourselves fighting the boss, to avoid further server hits.

I'll have a look at it.

Last edited:

Lilac

I guess as it's 4-5 we reduce each by 4, and correct if we find ourselves fighting the boss, to avoid further server hits.

Would a single hit to inv_use.php per quasireligious sculpture be that bad? It couldn't exactly be abused to hammer the server.

edit: I ask because sometimes it's helpful to know the exact evil left in each zone when you're doing stupid min-max stuff.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Seems like you could look at and parse the Evilometer when you use a quasireligious statue. Seems analagous to parsing the wine bottles when we obtain Lord Spookyraven's spectacles.

Darzil

Developer
Try this for size.

On use of sculpture, it uses Evilometer to get exact value.
If you meet a boss with >25 evil, it sets to 25 evil for that area.
If an area is missing in the crypt but it's at >0 evil for that area, uses Evilometer to get exact values.

Only the last of these three have been tested.

Attachments

• crypt_tracking.patch
    4.6 KB · Views: 28

Darzil

Developer
r12578 adds recovery for tracking if areas are missing but not previously recorded as gone, for effect of using Quasireligious sculpture, decrements inventory if evilometer used after quest complete, and improves tracking if bosses are encountered earlier than expected.