Feature - Rejected PvP Tracking

NardoLoopa

It would be nice if Mafia kept track of your success against opponents. The general idea would be to help warn you against people you always lose and to help steer you toward people you easily beat.

This is particularly important for HC day-1.

StDoodle

Minion
Just knowing how many fights you've had for the day in a way that was accessible through ash would be nice, too. But, if I recall correctly, there is a lack of PvP-ing devs, which makes it rather difficult to test any changes related to PvP. (& I certainly don't blame them. ;))

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
But, if I recall correctly, there is a lack of PvP-ing devs, which makes it rather difficult to test any changes related to PvP. (& I certainly don't blame them. ;))
My recollection is that most of the PvP support is due to Hola and no one else with commit access is especially interested in PvP. Spades and Diamonds in the dev ranks, not Clubs.

That said, the more specific a suggestion is, the more likely it is that I am willing to look at the code and see whether it falls within my comfort zone. I have also been known to commit patches other folks have made.

NardoLoopa

Specific requests:
- Display min rank you can attack (as your rank increases you can't pick on low-rank people)
- Informative error reporting when you try to attack someone but can't because in the same clan or rank too low
- CLI reporting of the mini-game results (possibly ability to turn off the pop-up PvP result window)
- Instead of Player Level filter, have it be "Max Player Level"
- Rollover help for what the "Flowers" button does
- Simple record of whether you won or lost last time to a person, or better number of wins/losses

Obviously PvP is slightly more important now that it is part of a HC ascension strategy. Anything you can do would be appreciated.

slyz

Developer
Spades and Diamonds in the dev ranks, not Clubs.
The recent crafting update made it very worthwhile meat-wise to PVP for flowers in run. It's still pretty marginal, but maybe it explains this feature request, and maybe it could interest a Diamond dev.

Grotfang

Developer
Give me time to get out of Bad Moon and I'll take a look. No promises, though, and if anyone else would like to work on it, don't hesitate to usurp me.

Bale

Minion
Recent PvP revamp makes this feature request less than relevant. I'm rejecting it for that reason.