Bug - Fixed Problems with Turtle Totems

Bazaaretw

I am still having troubles with turtle totems. it seems with the most recent daily build that mafia thinks it's using the totem up when it casts empathy, I got a turtle totem (-2) in my session results

8674 is the build.

Not this doesn't happen every time Empathy is cast, but since the change to it being a weapon, I've been experiencing this on and off throughout various builds. Either Mafia thinking it's using it up, or it thinking I don't have one at all, when it's clearly in my inventory.

Lemme know if you need more details,
Baz

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

Here's a fun twist. SmartStasis.ash tried using a turtle totem during combat. I had a totem, but since it's not a combat item it failed and moved on to a seal tooth. Afterward, a script I had run after tried to cast Empathy and it said there was no Turtle totem. An inventory refresh fixed this as a workaround. However, this would have to be done each time.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I removed code in FightRequest that tried to use a turtle totem as a "safe" second item if you have funkslinging. Revision 8707.
Chances are, that fixes the original report.

There is nothing I can do to fix the SmartStasis bug.

Fluxxdog

Oh that was an easy fix. Just find the line that returns $item[turtle totem] as a possibility and comment/delete it. MY repost was it was using an item, failing, and then adjusting the balance of totems incorrectly.