Bug - Won't Fix Price Setup shows blank page when trying to reprice items

theletterm

Using r11239, but noticed this bug a few daily builds ago. One of my alts that has a significantly large amount of stuff in the store has trouble changing the sale prices of any item in store, whether it has a price set or is still at 999,999,999. Works fine from relay browser, but if you try and do it from the "Price Setup" tab, it will NOT change the price, and instead blank out the entire price setup screen. The only way to get the listing back is to go back to Tools -> Store Manager. This problem happens consistently with my alt that has several hundred items in the store, and not on the alt that has five things in store, so I suspect it's either the sheer volume or a specific item causing the issue.

Tried this on a fresh copy of r11239 (new folder, no settings files, scripts, etc).

On further testing, the problem seems to be tied to the "Save Prices" button. Even if I don't change any prices, pressing the button causes it to blank out.

I'm pretty excited about the new price analysis feature, so I'm dying for this glitch to be fixed. Thanks to all the coders and their hard work!

EDIT: Ok, did some more testing. It's definitely a number of items limit. Once you increase the number of unique items in the store to 500, it happens.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
I'm guessing (since I can't replicate) that there's a particular item (maybe one with an HTML entity) in it that's causing the problem.

theletterm

Any ideas for how to narrow down the problem? I have a lot of prices set at specific levels as part of constant tweaking, so I'd rather not take everything out of my store if it can be helped. Is there any way to see at what point Mafia is stalling out?

roippi

Developer
Is there any particular item with strange characters that you added recently?

I think it's more that the recent store manager revamp doesn't play well with something that he already had in his store.

As for how to narrow down the problem - just try removing all items from your store that have special characters in them and see if that fixes the issue. There can't be that many of them. (I recently sold some Breathetastic™ Canned air, so I know that particular one doesn't cause issues)

theletterm

Ok, did some more testing. It's definitely a number of items limit. Once you increase the number of unique items in the store to 500, it happens. I started removing items with weird characters, and once I got to 499, problem went away. Added something innocuous (goat cheese pizza) and the problem came back.

roippi

Developer
Hm, kay.

edit: this one is going to be.. difficult to debug. For now I'd suggest not having that many items in your store if you want to use the store manager. Sorry.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
So I put 1500 simulated items into my store manager without a problem.

Did this happen in the old store manager? AFAIK I didn't really touch the repricing function in the revamp.

What happens in the CLI when you reprice? Any debug logs?

theletterm

That's strange that it would work under simulation. Were the 1500 items all different?

I had 500 items yesterday, and a few things sold out, so it started working again. Added 4 more items and it stopped working again.

This did not happen with the old store manager as far as I can recall.

This is all I get in CLI:

"Compiling reprice data...
Requesting store inventory...
Store inventory request complete."

No debug logs.

Also, I discovered this also happens when you hit Autoprice (even with no 999,999,999 items).

Lastly, if you hit "save prices" a second time, it will bring the list back, but of course none of the changes made will be reflected.

So it seems, the proper way to replicate the problem is:

1. Put 500 UNIQUE items into the store.
2. Press "save prices"

roippi

Developer
Do:

Open the Store Manager (with over 500 items in store)

Help > Start Debug Log

Click Save Prices

Click it again for good measure

Help > Stop debug log

Post the debug log here. Thanks.

theletterm

Here ya go.

Also, I don't think it's related to the bugthread you posted, as I have no problems changing prices through the relay browser.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120705.txt
    229.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Here ya go.

Also, I don't think it's related to the bugthread you posted, as I have no problems changing prices through the relay browser.

Well, it's a KoL bug, related or not.

Code:
10 header fields
Field: null = [HTTP/1.1 200 OK]
Field: Date = [Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:14:07 GMT]
Field: Content-Length = [0]
Field: Expires = [Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT]
Field: Content-Type = [text/html; charset=UTF-8]
Field: Connection = [close]
Field: Server = [nginx/0.8.55]
Field: X-Powered-By = [PHP/5.3.3]
Field: Cache-Control = [no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0]
Field: Pragma = [no-cache]

Retrieving server reply
ResponseText has 0 characters.

We got a blank page back from KoL when you tried to change your prices. So I'm almost positive this would have happened in the old store manager interface.

Some other devs will have to chime in on this one because I'm not particularly sure what we can do for you, if anything.

roippi

Developer
And a number of people on GD confirm that this is a KoL bug.

I'm going to mark this won't fix. The absolute most we could do is to not process the blank page we get from KoL and print an error message. None of which helps you actually manage your store.

Asymmetric is particularly short-staffed right now, so the best you can do is to submit a bug report and cross your fingers.

theletterm

Thinking laterally, would it be possible to split the price change requests into chunks? That is, if I have 1500 items in my store, Mafia, could request price changes for the first 450 items, then the next 450, etc. I don't 100% understand the commands that Mafia sends to reprice the store, so I don't know how feasible this is.