Preventing the Closeting of Outfits

DeNarr

Is there a way to stop KOLMafia from automatically closeting my outfits? This is causing a particular problem as it will put my Frat Warrior Fatigues into my closet, which I need in order to purchase stuff from the Hippy Stand. Since I can't purchase anything, it won't let me create my drinks.

DeNarr

I didn't intentionally do anything to make it closet outfits. It's just part of what it does during the breakfast. Honestly, I don't want it to closet any outfits. The only thing I can think of is that I use Cleanup at the end of the day to autosell my crap.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Take them off your Keep One list. As the "help" button on that panel says:

These items are flagged as "singletons". Using the "closet" button, KoLmafia will try to ensure that at least one of the item exists in your closet.

IF THE PLAYER IS STILL IN HARDCORE OR RONIN, these items are treated as a special class of junk items where during the "cleanup" routine mentioned in the junk tab, KoLmafia will attempt to leave one of the item in the players inventory.

Please take note that once the player breaks Ronin, KoLmafia will treat these items as normal junk and ignore the general preservation rule.

DeNarr

Ah, and I'm guessing they must automatically start on the singleton list. I actually tried adding them to the singleton list to get it to stop doing that. Could you let me know where that list is located so that I can remove them from the list?

DeNarr

I only added those pieces to the list after it was already closeting my outfits, as I thought it might prevent it. The only button I pressed was Cleanup. Also, the outfit seems to get closeted during breakfast. It's strange, because it knows I have the outfit well enough for it to collect my hippy profits, but not well enough to make me drinks that require stuff from the hippy stand.

Theraze

Mafia doesn't do anything without being told... unless your computer is possessed. Barring possession, the most likely possibility is that you accidentally clicked to mark one of the components of the outfit as a singleton when aiming for a different box, or something else similar...

DeNarr

Ok, so I found the "Keep One" list. It has the beer helmet that I manually added after it was already closeting my entire outfits. I don't see any option to remove it from the list though. It is also putting other outfits into my closet that aren't on that list (Hippy outfit, pirate outfit, harem girl, war hippy, bugbear, and frat boy)

Winterbay

I think it might be a good idea to get a copy of the CLI-output when you log in to see what is happening when it is closeting things. MIght give some clues.

DeNarr

Ok, no items are on the "keep one" list, yet this is what happens when I press Cleanup while my outfits are not in the closet.

Placing items into closet (request 1 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 2 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 3 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 4 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 5 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 6 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 7 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 8 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 9 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 10 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 11 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 12 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 13 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 14 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 15 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 16 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 17 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 18 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 19 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 20 of 21)...
Placing items into closet (request 21 of 21)...
Using 97 Warm Subject gift certificate...
You gain 43,820 Meat
Finished using 97 Warm Subject gift certificate.
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 95,365 Meat
Items sold.

DeNarr

So I still haven't figured out why it keeps putting my outfits in the closet, but I did find an option to pull from the closet when needed. This at least allows me to make my drinks.