Feature - Rejected Prevent accidental usage of clan's couch if there is not one

roippi

Developer
Mafia cannot do this. There is no way to know what items are installed in your VIP room without making an additional server hit every time you try to use it.

roippi

Developer
Some people in some situations might say 5 hit points is worth an additional server hit.

Thousands of server hits per day for what gain? I can objectively say that on a program-wide scale, it is not worth that server hit.

Some people might say that if you mark an unavailable item as available, that's your fault.

Yep.

The only use case here that I can see is a guy who clanhops between a chatty clan and a functional clan, where the latter has a sofa and the former does not. Said person would not want to mess with their restoration settings each time. But to that guy I'd say sorry, we're not going to support that fully. If there's some bad restoration behavior, we can adjust that - mafia should enter an ABORT_STATE when sofa restoration failure happens. That's about all we can do.

Bale

Minion
This is the second time Greenen72 has started a thread for this subject. (This is the previous.) I'm going to bring this up again in a more helpful way in a new thread.

Frankly, that's more than I should really do since the topic was already closed out twice, but I want to at least give an airing to the one possible idea floated in the original thread.

Last edited:

Theraze

Realistically, in roippi's use case for why you'd want the two clans... if the my_clan FReq from 2010 gets approved at some point, you'd able to check your clan without needing another server hit. Otherwise though, you're looking at no good way of validating your current clan... but if that does get approved, Chish or Greenen72 could put a clan check into their BBS to enable/disable that restoration option...