Bug Possible "Rave Combo" bug.

kotinka

Hi,

My sister & I are both playing disco bandits at the moment - I'm ascending soon. We're using KOLmafia version 14.7. We noticed that the disco combo helper seems to retain my rave combo settings even when she is logged on.

For example, the disco combo helper shows "Rave Concentration" as being made up of "Break", "Pop" & "Run". However, pressing the "Rave Concentration" button in her account produces the effect "Rave Nirvana".

Does KOLmafia save only one set of rave combo settings per instance of the program or is it per user?

Thanks.

kotinka

Just looking at the data files, raveCombos are in the user preferences, not the global ones.

Thanks - so no point having 2 instances of the program in separate folders I suppose.

The issue's still the same - The first post describes using the web interface but I tried customising her combat script and that also gave the wrong effect when Rave Concentration was used.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Exit the program entirely (rather than just going back to the Login frame) before she logs in and it should initialize the combos from her settings rather than remembering your settings.

Theraze

You've probably damaged your user preferences by not doing that initially... open up <name>_prefs.txt in your settings folder for your sister's account and remove the raveCombo lines, while mafia is closed. That should reset mafia's knowledge of the combos and let her properly learn them again.

kotinka

You've probably damaged your user preferences by not doing that initially... open up <name>_prefs.txt in your settings folder for your sister's account and remove the raveCombo lines, while mafia is closed. That should reset mafia's knowledge of the combos and let her properly learn them again.

Hi,

I followed your instructions & she was able to relearn the rave combos and apply them correctly. Thanks so much for your help!

Nifft

With issues like this that come up now and then, is there a reason to not just exit Mafia completely when you use the logout command or X the main window (and the other assorted ways to close Mafia's main window that go back to the login) rather than going back to the login window making it seem like it should be ok to switch chars that way?
thanks,
~ Nifft

Last edited: