Feature - Implemented Pledging allegiance for PvP

relyk

A popup asking you if you want to pledge allegiance to your clan, as you need to before you can PvP, when using the "pvp" CLI command, instead of returning that you have 0 fights left.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps I can look at this in September when I get to pick allegiance again. If someone is particularly interested in this, bump this at the end of August to remind me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, it's a "once per season" chance to grab the HTML. Of course, assuming you're the dev who is intending to fix the issue, you have all the time you want to test your fix before you actually pledge your allegiance and start using your own fights.

Considering that I do exactly 10 fights per run - I suit up appropriately, break my stone, grab 10 flowers, and ascend - I will most likely not be the one who actually does the fix, even if I grab the HTML next season...

Darzil

Developer
I will try to do this next season, as I do a bit more PvP, and usually forget to pledge first as I only visit in Mafia. Still on the hardcore pvp boards at the moment, but not in hardcore now for Crimbo, so wondering how many board I'll remain on when the boards freeze.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have two leaderboard PVP records from season one. It was a heckuva lot of work - and a hekucva lot of Meat. In season two, I got all the Swagger rewards I cared about that I had not obtained in season one.

In season two, I also noticed, for the first time, that there were some people who wanted to attack me for items. I shrugged and baleeted anyone who did that. I no longer have to see their gloating "i f**d you over!" messages. Of course, if they were KoLmafia users, I no also longer had to see any "help me with this" messages. I shrug. Their loss, not mine!

I continue to auto-baleet anybody who steals any item from me. I could not care less; I am rich enough that the particular item they steal is ignorable, and they have proven that they are of no importance whatsoever to me. Sort of like people on this board who insult me and end up on my "ignore" list. Certainly hurts me a heck of a lot less than it hurts them if I never read another word they write. Oh, well!

So, these days, I just pick up 20-30 swagger per ascension, 5 times per month or so. 1 if I lose a battle (extremely rare), 2 if I win (very common), and 3 if I overwhelm them 7-0 (up to 2 or 3 per 10 attempts. I DO make an effort to win, after all). Good enough. There is nothing that I HAVE to have more swagger for. Maybe, some years from now, I will get the non-tradeable items that give me food or drink that I don't want to use anyway.

Whatever. No hurry.

Fluxxdog

Break your stone and copy the HTML asking you to pledge allegiance to a clan. Otherwise, I have a reminder in my breakfast script:
if(today_to_string().contains_text("0101")) abort("Break your stone and get the HTML!");
Someone will get this eventually.

Razorsoup

Break your stone and copy the HTML asking you to pledge allegiance to a clan. Otherwise, I have a reminder in my breakfast script:
if(today_to_string().contains_text("0101")) abort("Break your stone and get the HTML!");
Someone will get this eventually.

Here's the HTML of peevpee.php?place=fight the first time I visit after smashing the stone.
Need anything else?

Code:
<html><head>
<script language=Javascript>
<!--
if (parent.frames.length == -1) location.href="game.php";
//-->
</script>
<script language=Javascript src="/images/scripts/jquery-1.3.1.min.js"></script>
<script language=Javascript src="/images/scripts/keybinds.min.2.js"></script>
<script language=Javascript src="/images/scripts/window.20111231.js"></script>
<script language="javascript">function chatFocus(){if(top.chatpane.document.chatform.graf) top.chatpane.document.chatform.graf.focus();}
if (typeof defaultBind != 'undefined') { defaultBind(47, 2, chatFocus); defaultBind(190, 2, chatFocus);defaultBind(191, 2, chatFocus); defaultBind(47, 8, chatFocus);defaultBind(190, 8, chatFocus); defaultBind(191, 8, chatFocus); }</script><script type="text/javascript">
	document.documentElement.className = 'js';
	jQuery(function (_) {
		_('#ranked').change(function (e) {
			var cl = '.ranked' + _(this).val();
			_('.ranked').hide().attr('disabled', true);
			_(cl).show().attr('disabled', false);
			var dis = _('option:selected:disabled');
			if (dis.length > 0) {
				dis.parent().val(dis.next().val());
			}
		}).change();
		_('.if').click(function (e) {
			e.preventDefault();
			var url = _(this).attr('href');
			var div = _(this).parent().find('.ift');
			if (div.find('iframe').length) {
				div.empty();
			} else {
				var ifr = _('<iframe />').css({width: '100%', height: 400});
				ifr.attr('src', url);
				div.append(ifr);
			}
		});
	});
</script>
<style type="text/css">
	.js .hide {display: none;}
	.mini td { padding-top: 1em; border-bottom: 1px solid black; vertical-align:top;}
	.js .mini { display: none; }
	.js .final { display: none; }
	.wf { font-size: 130%; font-weight: bold}
	.minidesc { border: 1px solid black; padding: .5em; }
	.miniclick { text-decoration: underline }
</style><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/images/styles.20130904.css">
<style type='text/css'>
.faded {
	zoom: 1;
	filter: alpha(opacity=35);
	opacity: 0.35;
}
</style>

<script language="Javascript" src="/basics.js"></script><link rel="stylesheet" href="/basics.1.css" /></head>

<body>
<center><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Pick a Fight</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><p>Before entering combat, you must pledge your allegiance to a clan for the season.  This will determine which clan is used for any leaderboards or mini competitions.  This selection will appear on your profile and can not be changed until the next PvP season.<form method="post" action="peevpee.php" ><input type=hidden name="action" value="pledge" /><input type=hidden name="place" value="fight" /><input type=hidden name=pwd value="2b759d8f18857d8c79ae6e72d269eac8" /><center><input type="submit" class="button" value="Pledge allegiance to Bonus Adventures from Hell" /></center></form><p>You can visit the <a href="clan_signup.php">Clan Recruiter</a> now and switch clans if you would like to pledge alliegiance to a different clan.</p><p><center><a href="peevpee.php">Back to The Colosseum</a></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center>

Razorsoup

> swagger

Attack 1 of 10
You need to pledge allegiance to a clan first.

r13427
Swagger command pops up a dialog asking if I want to smash the hippy stone, then aborts with an error telling me I need to pledge allegiance to a clan first. Is that what's supposed to happen now?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
r13427
Swagger command pops up a dialog asking if I want to smash the hippy stone, then aborts with an error telling me I need to pledge allegiance to a clan first. Is that what's supposed to happen now?

If you said yes to that box, then mafia first broke your stone and then discovered you hadn't pledged to a clan, and that's what should happen. Unless your stone was already broken or you had already pledged to a clan...

Razorsoup

If you said yes to that box, then mafia first broke your stone and then discovered you hadn't pledged to a clan, and that's what should happen. Unless your stone was already broken or you had already pledged to a clan...

Stone was initially unbroken. I said yes to the dialog. So I guess this works. This was my last account with an intact stone so no more testing for me.

Crowther

Maybe this is a stupid question, but mafia already asks if you want to break your stone, why not ask if you want to pledge to your current clan? I mean, I hate popups (really hate them), but the two seem pretty much the same to me. I guess ideal for me would be to auto break and auto pledge if my clan matches some preset value, but that's an ugly idea.