Partially equipping an outfit if missing pieces?

Qualidus

Is there a way to switch to a custom outfit if you're missing a piece of that outfit using either the outfit CLI/ASH commands or the Gear Changer?

For example:
I have a custom outfit defined that includes a LEW from a class that is not my current class.

Trying to equip that outfit results in (via CLI or Gear Changer):
You need 1 more Windsor Pan of the Source to continue.

Also, none of the pieces of the outfit appear to be equipped.

It seems that the failure to acquire an item is causing the entire process to abort.

This can be simulated by unchecking "Take items from closet whenever needed" and closeting a part of the outfit.

If using the KoL inventory interface, it will attempt to partially put on the outfit and notify the user of the missing pieces:

(closeted a corn holder for test)
You put on part of an Outfit: test
Item NOT found: corn holder

I noticed in this bug report: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?1...components-when-aaaa-has-multiples-of-an-item that Mafia had capabilities for handling partial outfits so why isn't it trying to partially wear the outfit in this case?

Bale

Minion
It would be nice if there was an outfit command that behaved just like default KoL. I've had to equip an outfit in the relay browser once in a while in order to do that.

Winterbay

Code:
foreach it,slo in get_outfit("custom")
   if(available_amount(it) > 0)
      equip(it,slo);

May need to be modified for actual syntax. Kolmafia wiki refuaes to work on my mobile device and redirects to Wikipedia instead...

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Winterbay: I find that requesting the desktop site (which _most_ mobile browsers should let you do) works around that problem :|

xKiv