New Content - Implemented Order of the Green Thumb: The Florist Friar

Fluxxdog

I'll tell you from experience, they are not.

set_location() will make mafia think you're in a specific place. That way, you can take advantage of some location specific calculations and effects, such as needing underwater gear for a Sea location. my_location() will then reference what you just set.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

set_location() will make mafia think you're in a specific place. That way, you can take advantage of some location specific calculations and effects, such as needing underwater gear for a Sea location. my_location() will then reference what you just set.

And set_location() changes lastAdventure, which is what my_location() uses, so they are the same.

Crowther

Ahhh. Yeah, I'm a bit out of my water here. I've never used these functions before. I think I'm going to end up storing the last location I saw and then using that next call. I'll double checking what the Florist says before actually planting anything. That way, I don't check the Florist every adventure and won't plant in the wrong place.

That should be enough to get the script out. Once it's out, I know someone else will probably run with the idea.

Fluxxdog

Code:
> prefref lastADv

lastAdventure (user, now 'Throne Room', default '')

> ash set_location($location[Dire Warren])

Returned: void

> prefref lastADv

lastAdventure (user, now 'Dire Warren', default '')
Wait, what was I thinking of then?...
Code:
> prefref lastenc

lastEncounter (user, now 'The Knob Goblin King', default '')
That might have been what I was thinking of. Thanks for catching me, lost. OK, so question: is there a way to scrape the last adventure location that KoL gives you in the charpane? That's what the Friar appears to use. My last turn for the day was knocking off the Goblin King, but KoL shows the Laugh Floor as my Last Adventure, which is what I was doing before taking out the king. The Friar is trying to plant in the Floor.