One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

shazbot

As far as I can tell, the script no longer reads the ocw_warplan variable for determining combat plans. Can anyone verify and/or explain the reasoning (if this was intentional).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As far as I can tell, the script no longer reads the ocw_warplan variable for determining combat plans. Can anyone verify and/or explain the reasoning (if this was intentional).

Why do you say that? It used the right warplans for me within the last week or so. <insert standard request for details/more information here>.

shazbot

Why do you say that? It used the right warplans for me within the last week or so. <insert standard request for details/more information here>.

Of course. I had set my ocw_warplan variable in my data directory to frat-6-alpha, yet whenever I ran wossname, it would resort to the default of fastest-fratonly. I glanced at the script and I wasn't 100% sure where it was reading my variables at.

It is worth noting, that I set it to frat-6-alpha while mafia was open, so I don't know if it was checked in realtime or start time. I had it set to frat-6-alpha.txt at start time trying that.

Theraze

If you manually edit the file in a BAD text editor, it will turn the proper tabs into spaces, breaking your variables and making your edits useless. It does seem to happen fairly often though.

Best way to set those values is using either the gCLI commands, or a relay script. I suggest zarqon's official WOSSMAN script.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What theraze said. I'd try a different text editor or a non editor based way of setting the variable.

My experience has been that zlib preference changes occur almost immediately. I use this to change my zlib variables. I have changed verbosity while a script was running with no effect but the next script run used the new value.

(I use heeheehee's relay editor because it is simple and it works. That FN ninja's enhancements were not enhancements for me and zarqon's official WOSSMAN script (which I can't easily find a link to) just did not work on my system the last time I tried).

zarqon

OCW hasn't changed its parsing of ocw_warplan in ages. I'd add to the advice of my illustrious colleagues: be sure not to include ".txt" in the setting.

I don't recommend the WOSSMAN. Dropdowns are broken for monsters and items, and possibly others. I actually gave up on it.

shazbot

But just in case, I've attempted by gCLI commands to set the variable without luck. I've also tried the relay script to edit zlib and (this is the weird part) everything for ocw shows up except warplan. I've tried blowing away all my ocw variables and rerunning the script and nothing was repopulated.

EDIT: dammit, forgot I had tabs set to create spaces in vi. Turned on edit characters and saw it immediately. Replaced spaces with tab character and zlib relay editor picked it up fine. Not sure why ocw never repopulated settings though (after restarted mafia even). And running wossname still tries fastest.txt even though I have it set to "frat-6-alpha"

Last edited:

shazbot

Yep, using the relay_zlib.ash one, also tried the one you linked Theraze, with no luck

EDIT: Nevermind, old version of wossname + zlib verbosity = me using version before major zlib integration without realizing it...

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hrmm, I vaguely remember some things possibly breaking (minor edge cases, really) with my version of relay_zlib. I'll bust out the good ol' text editor some time today and see if I can get a bug-free version up, for all you faithful users. :D

Edit: Update posted; should be bug-free. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Banana Lord

I haven't used this yet, but I was wondering: Does it make use of stickers, preternatural greed and/or cyclops eyedrops?

icon315

I haven't used this yet, but I was wondering: Does it make use of stickers, preternatural greed and/or cyclops eyedrops?
Directly from the script:
Code:
   if (nunspeed) {
      if (have_effect($effect[sinuses for miles]) == 0) use_upto(1,$item[[B][U]mick's icyvapohotness inhaler[/B][/U]],false);
      if (have_effect($effect[red tongue]) == 0) use_upto(1,$item[[B][U]red snowcone[/B][/U]],false);
      if (get_property("sidequestArenaCompleted") == "fratboy" && cli_execute("[B][U]concert 2[/B][/U]")) {} //WINKLERED
      if (get_property("demonName2") != "" && cli_execute("[B][U]summon 2[/B][/U]")) {} //GREED
      use_upto(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[wasabi sinuses]))/10),$item[[B][U]Knob Goblin nasal spray[/B][/U]],true);
      use_upto(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[sticky fingers]))/10),$item[[B][U]bag of cheat-os[/B][/U]],false);
      use_upto(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[your cupcake senses are tingling]))/20),$item[[B][U]pink-frosted astral cupcake[/B][/U]],false);
      use_upto(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[heart of pink]))/10),$item[[B][U]pink candy heart[/B][/U]],true);
   }
Those are the things it uses to get meat+, If you set nunspeed = true;

Banana Lord

Yes I had already looked over that, but I thought it was worth asking. I wouldn't have put it past Zarqon to voodoo something else in there :p Besides which it seemed like something that would have been included. Feature request? :)

Make it again!

I've forgotten how the is_100_run thing works. Am I correct in that it's not a boolean, but should be set to the type of familiar I want to use for the 100 run? I.e. every time I hit level 12, I have to check that it's set to my current familar? It just seems to make more sense if it were a boolean that meant "don't change my familiar".

Theraze

The is_100_run value is used for the BBB script to automatically set your familiar back to that before every (automated) battle. Many scripts will respect the value and either change to that, or avoid changing away for it if it's set. If it were just a boolean, then a hardcoded script that sets your familiar would break Black Cat runs and the like, where you REALLY don't want that to happen...

DeNarr

I think I must be doing something very wrong, because when I try using this my character gets beaten up and goes through his entire spleen almost instantly, whereas if I do it myself I can beat the hippies up no problem.

DeNarr

I couldn't find the custom combat script, the closest I was able to find was the combat macros in the game itself. So I created a combat macro that I named script. This is what it contains.

[ default ]
consult SmartStasis.ash
attack

Theraze

Yeah, if you're using the CCS you presented, you're going to need about 240 moxie or muscle to succeed with full success... You're not going to use anything but stasis or attack with weapon, so...