One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Right, this is annoying. I never can get the things I want to use to work. Im getting some odd thing where it says it creates an internal save, and then stops. Since I have no clue what Im doing, I just try to run these things as is from the download. Mostly cause I dont want to end up fucking it up trying to edit anything and such.

zarqon

If the script stops without any indication what is wrong, I suspect your verbosity is too low. Somehow it seems that although the default value is 3, many people end up with it getting set to 0. I have no idea how this could be happening.

Anyway, type "zlib vars" into the CLI and see what your verbosity is. If it's 0, type "zlib verbosity = 3" to restore the default value. Then the script should provide more useful output so you can see why the script isn't working.

Its 3. Though most of this stuff Ive no clue what it means. Like i said, I dont edit anything at all. The most Ive done is the vars thing for my CCS as suggested in the Smart Stasis. So it consults it. Thats it. For the lighthouse and such it says nothing behind them. Though it also tends to ask me for a lot of items I dont have most the time for some reason. Such as knob eyedrops and violet hearts. Wanted 2 of both those for some reason. I had to go into the mall and buy them.

Anyways, here is what it says for the OCW stuffs: zlib ocw_f_arena = This is basically it for all of them. Excepting O for Lighthouse and Junkyard. Then says anti gremlin on both. But I have no clue what this crap means. Im about as literate for these things as a 2 year old is with a foreign language. Not at all.

Edit: Right, looked in the CLI bit after the thing happened, and it mentions not having the specified familiar. Which makes no sense to me. Then again, my lack of knowledge on these things dont help. SO since Ive not edited anything, might mean that the familiar slots are blank or something and that its thus not registering the one I have on.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Edit: Right, looked in the CLI bit after the thing happened, and it mentions not having the specified familiar.
The script expects you to specify a familiar to be used in certain situations and stops if you don't have that familiar. For reasons I never figured out it was looking for "none" as a familiar.

You may want to use a zlib variable editor - I like this one but I think this may actually be more popular - to see what the variables are and change them easily. I hear what you are saying about too much to learn and figure out but you will have to gain a little knowledge. There are five zLib variables of the form ocw_f_<AREA>. You might first set them all to a familiar that you currently have. If you can figure that out then you are on your way. If not then we can certainly explain what to do in more detail. Good luck.

Looked at both those things and their confusing as hell. No clear instructions on how to use them and such. Just says install here, and such. How the hell am I supposed to know how to run these things if nobody says how to? I try running them from the relays and nothing happens. Honestly, I have no fucking clue what Im doing.

Theraze

If they're confusing you, just use the command line zlib command.

And if you're feeling overwhelmed, use the is_100_run variable instead... that one overrides all other familiar choices, and simplifies your life significantly.

Would help if I actually knew what you were talking about. I know absolutely zilch about this stuff. I practically need the beginner's newbie hand book here. The ONLY bit of coding and such I know is forum HTML commands Such as the [url ] type. And even those took me ages to figure out. But anyways. I dont know what the command line thing you mentioned is, or what the other one is.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
me in another thread said:
[Directions: download into your \relay folder, then view it via the relay script dropdown in the top pane. Then modify variables!]

Could swear that was verbose enough, but okay...

(written with my script in mind, even though these instructions should work just fine for FN's)

It's a relay UI script, which means that you go into the relay browser to use it. In the top frame (the one with all the location links), there's a dropdown in the bottom-right corner. Select "zlib" ("zlib_manager", if you're using FN's), and it'll load in the main frame. I'd imagine that the interface is intuitive enough in both scripts that you should be able to figure out the rest from there (edit variables, submit via submit button when done).

Edit: is_100_run overrides all familiar switching by zarqon's OCW script. The ocw_f variables determine which familiar you want to use (e.g. hobo monkey for nuns, hound dog for beach, etc). I think there was a mini-project to provide documentation of ZLib variables, but I don't remember if it went anywhere.

Last edited:

Winterbay

If the script stops without any indication what is wrong, I suspect your verbosity is too low. Somehow it seems that although the default value is 3, many people end up with it getting set to 0. I have no idea how this could be happening.

Anyway, type "zlib vars" into the CLI and see what your verbosity is. If it's 0, type "zlib verbosity = 3" to restore the default value. Then the script should provide more useful output so you can see why the script isn't working.

I've had min randomly set itself to 0 as well. It is extremely annoying and it generally takes a while before you notice...

It's a relay UI script, which means that you go into the relay browser to use it. In the top frame (the one with all the location links), there's a dropdown in the bottom-right corner. Select "zlib" ("zlib_manager", if you're using FN's), and it'll load in the main frame. I'd imagine that the interface is intuitive enough in both scripts that you should be able to figure out the rest from there (edit variables, submit via submit button when done).

Thats the thing. I dont see a relay script thing. Just the normal stuff. I log into KoLmafia, and look, but there is not a relay scripts thing. Just General, Tool, ect. And scripts isnt the right section either cause I dont see it. When I click zlib in scripts it asks for some crap about inputitng a value for string set or whatever the hell that means. Im likely looking in the wrong place though. Cause I have it open right now, and STILL dont see what the hell your talking about.

Edit: Ok, found out what I was doing wrong. You didnt mention needing to open the general tab to go to the relay browser thing. THAT is why I was so confused. Im COMPLETELY new at these things so I didnt even know I had to go there to open the relay browser.

Last edited:

sarikuya

> call scripts\Wossname.ash

battleAction => custom combat script
Internal checkpoint created.
"optimal.txt" loaded (14 steps).
Verifying Wossname progress...
Current step: 0
Completing step 0 of 14...
Restoring initial settings...
battleAction => attack with weapon
OCW stopped.
Restoring initial settings...
OCW stopped.

--- That's all I get from this script. It does nothing else.

slyz

Developer
Try again with a higher verbosity: type zlib verbosity = 3 in the gCLI. This will show you the relevant error message.

zarqon

How in the world are so many people getting a verbosity of 0? This seems to be happening a lot to users that never edited their verbosity but I have no idea why. I'll add this to my gigantic scripting to-do list. Sigh.

Winterbay

How in the world are so many people getting a verbosity of 0? This seems to be happening a lot to users that never edited their verbosity but I have no idea why. I'll add this to my gigantic scripting to-do list. Sigh.

I don't know, but I do know that it has happened to me. It was functioning perfectly and then suddenly no messages would come out. I think I noticed it when I got no response at all from doing "zlib vars" which I thought was odd.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have found a couple of times that my zLib preferences were not what I thought they were, including verbosity set to zero. It has not happened often enough to even begin to guess cause and effect. I attribute it to cosmic rays and just deal with it.

Theraze

Or people manually editing their vars_<name> file... The few times I tried that before, it always ended up wiping out whatever setting I was trying to fix instead of allowing my edit to stand.