One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

zarqon

As yet unaddressed. I've been meaning to add Cyrus to the flyers quest, but had some issues with it last time through (if you cast Noodles on Cyrus, it seems he kills you anyway? Which means a change to FTF would also be necessary.)

Next update will hopefully have that, as well as the fixed GMoB.

Okay, I see. That makes sense. I always turn auto buy off while testing the quest scripts I've been making and seldom remember to turn it back on. The auto-buy is just a property in the global preferences. set_property("autoSatisfyWithMall","true"); Thanks for clarification.

zarqon

Hmmmm, searched for One-Click Wossname on Google as a curiosity-inspired way to find this thread, and came across some conflicting information about gremlins:

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=152715

It seems any gremlin (other than AMC) can drop their associated tool, as per OCW's original gremlin handling. Has this changed since these forum posts, or was earlier discussion in this thread based on assumptions rather than spading?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Hmmmm, searched for One-Click Wossname on Google as a curiosity-inspired way to find this thread, and came across some conflicting information about gremlins:

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=152715

It seems any gremlin (other than AMC) can drop their associated tool, as per OCW's original gremlin handling. Has this changed since these forum posts, or was earlier discussion in this thread based on assumptions rather than spading?

From the second post: "The last adventure link is broken in areas that use subzones right now, basically."

If you end up in a different subzone, then a different gremlin drops its tool there. If you don't know which subzone you're in, then any gremlin can drop their tool. This whole situation went away when Jick removed the whole subsnarfblat thing.

zarqon

Thanks for the clarification. Then, just the Cyrus arena method, plus fixing GMoB hunting and outfit getting, for the next update.

EDIT: Okay, I have a Cy-encountering function written. The next question I pose to you is: if you have the Cy option available, is it preferable to HitS even if you don't have your star items? I'm pretty sure it's always preferable to GMoB.

Last edited:

mredge73

my preference is:
Cy
HitS
GMoB

Reason:
Cy takes one turn if you already have eating 3 amino acids, if not then it will take at most 10 to get them, eat them, get beating up by Cy.
Using HitS to do fliers will cause you excess pain when they get their free hit, which cost you meat for restores. Meat can be hard to come by on HC runs and sometimes makes you farm the castle or airship for HP restores. This is still much better than wasting turns in the bathroom to get GMoB, I avoid the bathroom during ascension unless I need the bath salts (even as a myst class).

zarqon

Ok, that sounds about right. Right now I have it so that if Cy is available, it chooses that no matter what. If not, it chooses GMoB or HitS as before. Sound good? Like, releasably good?

I'll wait a day or two for naysayers, and if none speak, release it into the wide world.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If someone has entangling noodles permed, monsters don't get a free hit. Getting to Cyrus is probably easier to script though.

Raven434

In the Mafia choices, I tell it to open up the Bog for Isle War Barn 1.

OCW however, opened up the cold pond, which doesn't work so well for me to use cold as my elemental damage in the war.

Is there a variable or a location to hardcode what areas of the farm I want to do?

I want stench, spooky and sleaze if I can hardcode those or set them as variables. I looked at $'TOON-NAME_vars.txt but I don't think that is the right place.

Maybe in the script itself at:

print("Step "+step+": McMillicancuddy's Farm sidequest","blue");
// set choiceadvs to duck shortcut
set_property("choiceAdventure147","3");
set_property("choiceAdventure148","1");
set_property("choiceAdventure149","2");

Thanks.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
In the Mafia choices, I tell it to open up the Bog for Isle War Barn 1.

OCW however, opened up the cold pond, which doesn't work so well for me to use cold as my elemental damage in the war.

Is there a variable or a location to hardcode what areas of the farm I want to do?

Thanks.

OCW is making you take a shortcut that saves 15 turns on ducks. Isn't it worth switching combat strategies to save 15 turns? Even if it means buying a different cookbook or something...

Raven434

OCW is making you take a shortcut that saves 15 turns on ducks. Isn't it worth switching combat strategies to save 15 turns? Even if it means buying a different cookbook or something...

Sure. Except that my basic plan is to maximize cold and just slog on through the battlefield.

I can definitely tweak the ocw_o_farm to something that would be more effective against the elemental ducks encountered.

Thanks for the idea.

:)

NastyPeasant

Problem: when starting the script, it claims I need some of the frat and/or hippy war outfit parts, which is true. It then goes into the frat/hippy area UNDISGUISED, which will never give the right equipment. This also burns through adventures really fast because they're all non-combat, and it ignores the "adventure" "stop now" button (needed to use "stop everything").

I did a quick search of the forum for other mention of this problem, but didn't find anything. I surely can't be the only one? Or am I just using it wrong?

(EDIT: using wossname.ash ver 1.5.5, latest zlib, etc.
Character is a multi I'm using to test such scripts, brand new level 13 A.T. - NastySerf)

Last edited:
I mentioned this a couple of pages back. The script will buy the required disguise outfits as long as you have auto-buy from mall enabled. I think this is one of the things Zarqon is going to fix in the next update which will probably be soon. For now if you are not comfortable editing the script just turn on the "Buy items from the mall whenever needed" option in preferences.

NastyPeasant

I mentioned this a couple of pages back.

Oops. Missed that. Sorry.

The script will buy the required disguise outfits as long as you have auto-buy from mall enabled. I think this is one of the things Zarqon is going to fix in the next update which will probably be soon. For now if you are not comfortable editing the script just turn on the "Buy items from the mall whenever needed" option in preferences.

I'll keep that in mind, although being new this guy doesn't exactly have much meat to kick around. Hopefully the script will be fixed before I need to use it again. :)

ps: very useful script mind you!

zarqon

Updates!

In a hurry so this will be brief. I've added totally untested support for flyering Cyrus. Note that flyering Cyrus needs to be in your CCS (FTF either does or will do this in the next update). Let me know if you run into problems before I do.

Also fixed the outfit-acquiring issue for people with auto-buying turned off, and fixed that erroneous warplan.

NastyPeasant

Next issue: certain error messages (ie: "you can't wear that outfit") need to tell me WHAT outfit it's trying to wear. I can't fix what I don't know.

warplan=optimal, wossname 1.5.5

Heffed

What preferences do I need to change to tell the script that I manually completed the flyering step and it should move on?

The script decided to flyer Cyrus, but halted on the primordial directive. I've never actually explored the memories, so I didn't have any choices set. I looked up on the wiki and saw I should choose to swim downwards because the script apparently wants three memories of delicious amino acids. Then I restarted the script and got the same choice popup. Selecting swim downwards no longer yields the memories, so I decided to just closet my empty bottles.

Restarted the script and it started flyering in the hole in the sky, but couldn't complete for some reason. Repeated attempts to restart the script continue to fail in the hole. So I decided to just flyer the GMoB manually and be done with it, but now I can't get the script to pick up after that step.

The previous version always worked flawlessly for me.

zarqon

What is in your flyeredML property? (Type "get flyeredML" in the CLI to find out.)

If you've completed the quest and it's not "10000", then set it manually by typing "set flyeredML = 10000". You may also need to set sidequestArenaCompleted to either "hippy" or "frat".

There might be an error detecting whether this was finished correctly. I think changing line 382, which only checks that flyeredML == 10000, to this:

return (get_property("flyeredML").to_int() > 9999);

might fix it, in case that property can contain numbers larger than 10000.

Also thanks for reporting the Cyrus bug. I need to make sure the zone is properly unlocked, which is a bit tricky. I'll look into it.

The while loop in the do_gmob() function is broken. What happens is when you say guy made of bees for the fifth time and fight the bee man the "guyMadeOfBeesCount" gets reset to 0 before the while loop sees that it was at 5 and the whole process repeats. To fix this I changed the while loop on line 365 to this:
Code:
while (to_int(get_property("guyMadeOfBeesCount")) < 5 && get_property("flyeredML").to_int() < 10000) {

I have not had a chance to test this change however.

About the problem Heffed was having. What happens is if you abort the script after you've flyered 10000 ML but before it visits the arena to report or as in Heffed's case flyer manually but do not visit the arena to report the script doesn't realize your done flyering so the checkstep doesn't get passed and it tries to flyer some more. To fix this I added an extra check to line 349 right before the checkstep to make sure the arena is visited if you have already flyered.

Code:
if (get_property("flyeredML").to_int() > 9999 || item_amount($item[jam band flyers]) + item_amount($item[rock band flyers]) == 0)

Hope that helps.

Last edited: