One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Jojo Ironface

Love it!

I want to say thanks and i love the script!

My only problem with it is that i typically run moxie classes and it burns alot of turns pre-war using the homo-erotic paddle. Also it likes to keep the Elite Knob Goblin Polearm equipped after buying the eyedrops. Sometimes i am able to get away with using some ben-gal but usually i stop the script and manually get the frat war outfit.

Again i want to extend my thanks and appreciation for you writing all these wonderful scripts :)

Pazleysox

For some reason, my wossname.ash doesn't like to start the war! I have to do that part manually. :(

Mafia keeps telling me that it gets a blank response from server wwwX.kingdomofloathing.com (complain to jick not to us). The script is trying to start the Orchard quest, before the war has even started!

Has anyone else had this issue?

-PazSox (in game PazSox)

dj_d

Some issues with recent changes.

Wossname bailed on me because it couldn't do the HotS. There are a few things about the logic I'd consider reconsidering. :)

1) You check for can_interact before deciding that the star bits are valuable. I almost always have <100 turns of ronin left at this point, so I won't need them, but this test thinks I do. I suggest making it check for >100 turns of ronin left before assuming you'll need them, since it'll probably take that many turns to finish the war.

2) You don't check to see if you can get to HitS (if you've unlocked the area). If you haven't unlocked it, that's an excellent reason to do GmoB instead!

Thanks...

dj_d

One more thing - the default warplan is one of those things you have to reset every time you download a new version. How about making it a profile setting?

Better idea! How about a zlib function that encapsulates the behavior you use with threshold (if it's not set as a property, prompt the user and assume a default) that can be used with this as well?

kain

I usually save/copy the warplans from one version to the next, as well as the dime/quarter store exchanges (I only trade quest items, and I trade them for MPE/FGF, then garters/poultices and then bombs)

--edit to add--
While we're at it, additional options (like the plan_for variable) to allow different chars to use differing moods/familiars/100% runs

*grin*

Regardless of any trivial wants, this script is superb

Last edited:

xxmatt3232xx

Im getting "Warplan is corrupt" everytime I try to run the script and I cant tell why

plan: hippycustom.txt in the data directory
Code:
0	false	sidequestOrchardCompleted	hippy
1	false	sidequestFarmCompleted	hippy
2	false	sidequestNunsCompleted	hippy
3	false	fratboysDefeated	192
4	false	sidequestJunkyardCompleted	hippy
5	false	fratboysDefeated	1000

Raven434

Make sure you specify it as "hippycustom" *not* "hippycustom.txt" in your wossname.ash.

Last edited:

nightslide

I'm getting the same Warplan is corrupt error.
plan_for["nightslide"] = "frat-6-alpha";
I've unzipped them from a fresh download of 1.5.3, with them in a directory called Warplan. That didn't work, so I tried putting them in a directory called Data.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

d

zarqon

@Jojo: Hmmm, the Elite Guard outfit issue might be due to you not having an existing outfit specified for o_default. Check and make sure you have specified an outfit name that actually exists for that variable.

dj_d said:
1) You check for can_interact before deciding that the star bits are valuable.

2) You don't check to see if you can get to HitS (if you've unlocked the area).

1) You're right, that should be an in_hardcore() check.
2) You're right, I did not include a check for those people who don't do everything in the correct order. :)

Both of these fixes will be in the next update.

@dj_d and kain: I'm currently working on a solution for per-character script variables. Don't hold your breath (you would pass out), but don't throw in the towel either (you should never be without a towel).

@matt and nightslide: make sure the warplans are in mafia's data directory, not a subdirectory of the scripts folder. Then everything should work fine.

Also, if you created the warplan yourself, make sure there are no spaces anywhere in the file (they should be tabs, not spaces), and that you didn't create the file using WordPad. It needs to be a flat text file.

Last edited:
is there any way i can get a re-post of ver. 13.3 so i can get all up in them grits until i can get .4 working? ...i updated too early {8-|

zarqon

Updating mafia versions would not affect this script, unless you a) installed the new version in a different directory, or b) deleted your previous settings file. If you deleted that file, all of mafia's information about your IsleWar progress is gone. You may be able to reconstruct it if you know how much progress you had made. Find your myname_prefs.txt file (in mafia's settings directory) and look for the properties "hippiesDefeated", "fratboysDefeated", and those beginning with "sidequest". Those are the most important ones to have set correctly.

evilspoons

How in the blazes do you set the warplan using 1.5.4? I don't see any documentation updates and I am unfamiliar with zlib...

zarqon

Apologies, in my haste to update all my scripts as close to simultaneously as possible I neglected to thoroughly update the first-post documentation.

All of OCW's settings have moved into an external text file called vars_myname.txt, which appeared the first time you ran a script with the latest ZLib. Open that in a text editor and you can alter those settings (they basically all begin with "ocw_"). The good news: after changing those settings the way you like them, you don't have to change them again, even when downloading new script updates!

I've at least made the first post current, although it could be better documented. I'll get around to that eventually.

kain

Z -- this is bad ass. I love that I can now customize my settings per-char without having to worry about copy/pasting between script updates.

I only have one suggestion. I have changed defaultoutfit to ocw_o_default so that there is no confusion as to what this defaultoutfit is actually used for ....

I can now begin to build familiar/moods/outfits for different stages of a run and just use zlib to change, as opposed to building my OWN outfit/familiar/mood switcher

outfit_friars
outfit_airship
outfit_castle_pre_wheel
outfit_pyramid_ratchet

HMMMmmmmmmmmm

evilspoons

Ah, much better. I eventually found the vars_myname.txt file on my own, but not after altering the default setting that the script will initialize with a new character (oh well).

I think some sort of functionality like zlib's variable text file really ought to be built into Mafia... at the very least a CLI way to list all variables and change them beyond the current 'set' command.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious how do you switch it from doing certain kinds of flyering? Right now it's attempting to do HitS instead of gmob like I'm used to it doing and that's the kicker because I never open up the HitS.

tgetgel

The consult smartstasis.ash in the ccs does not seem to be working well with Wossname.ash regarding appropriate weapon and attack strategies. I have encountered 102 batwinged gremlins in the last session but only twice did smartstasis try to use the molybdenum magnet (in 187 adventures). I have spent over 600 adventures trying to get this silly hammer!

Location details:
Hit: 100%/100% (Mus+617/+613)
Evade: 100%/100% (Mox+404/+400)
Combat Rate: 100%
Combat XP: 42.56

Batwinged Gremlin (25%)
Hit: 100%, Evade: 100%
HP: 170, XP: 42.25
gremlin juice 3%
molybdenum hammer (unknown drop rate)

My thought is that I kill them too quickly. I think that smartstasis.ash (or FirstThingsFirst.ash or Wossname.ash) could equip a weak item (like the cool whip?), use the lowest level skill, use a wimpy item, or a non-attack item when facing the gremlin that drops the needed item. I think that I will try unequiping a weapon and see how that goes. If it works, I will then stop the script, equip a weapon, and then restart the script.

I am using Mafia 13.4. The character is a non-ascended level 28 Turtle Tamer that was used for farming for a loooong time.

Last edited:

tgetgel

Your session log would help us figure out why you're not stasising gremlins.

The session log from yesterday exceeded the attachment size limits, so I have zipped it.

If I guessed, I only used the magnet when I fumbled the first attack.

Last edited:

tgetgel

Maybe it is working, just that the batwinged gremlins are not carrying the mollybdenum hammers! I have been doing some adventures in the relay browser, and so far the text has always shown:
You're fighting a batwinged gremlin
HP: 170, Atk: 169, Def: 171
Drops: gremlin juice (3), molybdenum hammer (0).