One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

cakyrespa

Might have found a little bug. I'm in HC Saucemancer class. Going through the junkyard, I noticed that I was using the turtle totem and it was going through turns really fast. And never finishing in the battle. Looking into it, it appears that I actually didn't *have* a turtle totem which made it really hard to use. :) Once I got it, it worked fine, but you might consider putting in a check to make sure the character has one.

Other than that, kick ass product.

meteshjj

I am an HC Turtle Tamer, and I had the same problem until I just finished the sidequest by hand through KoLMafia. Otherwise, it's a great script. Once I get out of HC, I'll have to send you some bats.

dangerpin

Minor problem this morning, when I went to start up the script I got this error:

Code:
farm: back 40
farm: other back 40
Multiple matches against back 40.
Bad location value: "back 40" (Wossname.ash, line 443)

This is after the duck sidequest was finished. I might have finished it by hand because my custom combat script wasn't working as well as I would have liked.

I tried changing it to the back 40 and Back 40 with no luck. Changing it to farm: back 40 did the trick so I changed The other back 40 to match that.

Code:
   adventure(my_adventures(), $location[farm: back 40]);
   adventure(my_adventures(), $location[farm: other back 40]);

Then I had to change line 620, 621, 623 and 631-633 from having just "frat house" to "island: frat house

Code:
         obtain(1, "beer helmet", $location[island: frat house]);

Then hippy camp started having issues, but not in any of the previous lines, just in 638.

I'm going to report this to the to the alpha testers, as it is feeling more like something that should be fixed at that level.

hairball

Does anyone have a warplan that will simply finish the quest as fast as possible (for example, you already have a wossname or are just trying to ascend ASAP)? Maybe one version as a frat boy, one as a hippy.

I tried to create one based on info in the Wiki but it never worked. Thought someone else would have done better.

dangerpin

One of the built-in warplans is called "fastest", I see another called "fastest-fratonly". I suspect those two are exactly what you are looking for.

evilspoons

Dangerpin:

Thanks for the tip on the Lockenstock Sandals business. However, using the latest build (5885) I found it unnecessary to make the other location-name changes. You'll probably notice that using them with the modified names will result in errors again...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=dangerpin link=topic=1395.msg7508#msg7508 date=1204933231]
Yeah, I did notice. Thank goodness for V, H and crew.
[/quote]
Yeah. If we didn't break things, we wouldn't need to fix them, would we? ;)

CyberTech

OK, hi all - again.
It's been some time since my first post, and I must say I've been happily using this script for the past three days. Until now.

Code:
Step 9: Junkyard sidequest
Visiting Yossarian...
Putting on War Hippy Fatigues...
You already have that outfit equipped!
Putting Sensei Jeeves Brain Jones the Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot back into terrarium...
Taking Herald, Seeker (and finder) of Items the Baby Gravy Fairy out of terrarium...
Putting on pulled porquoise pendant...
Equipment changed.
Putting on ratskin belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on porquoise necklace...
Equipment changed.
Unable to complete step 9

This is the only problem I haven't been able to fix so far. I would offer some kind of a solution (to feel like one 'o the scripting gang here) but my realm is firmly in the .txt type.

CyberTech

Srry for doublepost - headrush. :eek:

Round 2: cybertech9191 uses the flaregun!
Round 3: Herald, Seeker (and finder) of Items does a little fairy dance.
You gain 54 Fortitude
You gain 142 Enchantedness
You gain 77 Chutzpah
Getting the Wossname in...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
You acquire an item: Order of the Silver Wossname
Victory! Veni, vidi, vici and all that stuff.

THX MORE THAN U KNO - first Wossname.

zarqon

Hi everyone, thanks for bearing my absence recently, I just got back from a vacation to Japan to find that things are hopping in the KoLmafia world.

I'm a bit curious what is still an error... I don't have anyone near lvl12 now. Evidently the location thing was a problem that went away, but how about the sandals? It still verifies OK for me.

@feuer and AgnesM: I'm suspicious, because these are inventory prolems which happened during the period when KoL changed meatpasting, essentially breaking mafia's inventory detection algorithm. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't happen with a current version of mafia.

@cakyrespa and meteshjj: Thanks for pointing that out. I was fairly sure everyone would have one, but I guess you can't be too safe. I don't like the bulkiness of intelligently selecting a stasis item, so for now I'll just check for a turtle totem starting in the next update (posted after I figure out the sandal business).

@hairball: you're looking for "fastest-fratonly.txt", written by our own fewyn and included since version 1.2.4. This warplan does not get the Wossname, it's just for speed.

To all who have sent thanks and/or bats: you're welcome!! and thanks for thanking. :)

Xenthes

I just finished the island war yesterday. I did have to do the fix for the lockenstock sandals.
I also had a problem when I ran out of meat vortexes and ended having to do the brigands by hand.

Great script, I recommended it to my clan ( sevenlances.com ).

zarqon

Okay, latest untested update includes several minor fixes:

-Lockenstock™
-Clearer graceful script exit on error
-Allows you to specify the item used for stasis combat at the top (default is turtle totem)
-A few other small edits, which I've forgotten since it's been a while.

hairball

[quote author=zarqon link=topic=1395.msg7561#msg7561 date=1205233069]
@hairball: you're looking for "fastest-fratonly.txt", written by our own fewyn and included since version 1.2.4. This warplan does not get the Wossname, it's just for speed.
[/quote]

I'd seen that, but somehow dismissed it because it didn't look like it did everything. But it does...except it doesn't do the brigands. Is it faster to skip the brigands then?

I'll run it after rollover.

feuer

This script yet again seems to be mean to me

> call scripts/wossname1.3.4 Folder/Wossname.ash

Bad item value: "Lockenstockô sandals" (Wossname.ash, line 197)

The red is an "o" with a squiggly on top of it. Not the "tm".

dangerpin

The script keeps using my Green Pixie familiar instead of, what I assume should be my Coffee Pixie on the filthworms. The green pixie doesn't help with the filthworm gland retrieval in some way that I don't remember, does it?

Maybe it does. I opened the script fully expecting to see a generic "pixie" call somewhere that matching might still be working with, instead it is specifically "green pixie".

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Green Pixie is an item drop familiar - which you want, when searching for scent glands.
Coffee Pixie is a meat drop familiar.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Veracity link=topic=1395.msg7711#msg7711 date=1206550463]Coffee Pixie is a meat drop familiar.[/quote]
It also does item drops (according to the wiki anyway, since I will never own one).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You know, you are correct. I do have a coffee pixie, but you can tell how much I use it; I never do meat farming, and if I want item drops during a run, I use my dandy lion or green pixie. Thanks for the correction.

But, my comment stands: the green pixie is perfectly reasonable to use against filthworms.