On Choice Adventures...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
1) I have a recent debug logs from unsupported choice adventures from "Lost in the Great Overlook Lodge" and "Yeah, You're for Me, Punk Rock Giant". Am I correct in assuming that these are both new content that just got overlooked or might there be something else going on?

2) I am trying to automate power leveling with the Video Game. I use the walkthrough and then set the (non-maze) choice adventures that are non blank and not zero to something else. (I'm actually doing 1->2, 2->3 and 3->1 since I understand that there are three valid choices). I then autoadventiure in the Video Game Level 1. Some times things work as expected and autoadventuring stops because the goal has been met. But sometimes it stops because there is nothing left to do. I've started collecting data to figure out whether there is an error in my expectations or something that mafia might be able to handle better. I note that things like
Code:
Took choice 660/2: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=660&option=2
occur when I encounter the adventure in the "it works" case. But I get things like
Code:
[659021] Video Game Level 1

Encounter: 

Encounter:
when things are not working.

So is there a video game mechanic I am not understanding or is it possible that the support for these choice adventures is not as complete as it could be?

Thanks.

Darzil

Developer
1) I have a recent debug logs from unsupported choice adventures from "Lost in the Great Overlook Lodge" and "Yeah, You're for Me, Punk Rock Giant". Am I correct in assuming that these are both new content that just got overlooked or might there be something else going on?

Punk Rock Giant is from New Castle, and is documented in the first post : http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?11964-New-Castle-Content

Lost in the Great Overlook Lodge is the adventure in the level 9 quest where you choose which bit of the quest to solve (if appropriately buffed).

What they have in common is that which buttons appear varies.

I think the Encounter: on it's own relates to the area being complete message which appears when you try to adventure again whilst it's complete.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
KoLmafia doesn't care which buttons appear. Based on (quite a few) precedents in KoL, a particular button will have a particular number associated with it, whether or not other buttons are inserted or omitted before it.