Bug - Not A Bug Octopus' Spade shows as having +5 Item Drop where KoL shows +5% Item Drop

Gdunge

First time bug reporter. I might not know what I'm doing.

That said, I have noticed:

Octopus' Spade shows as having +5 Item Drop where KoL shows +5% Item Drop.

That is, when I select Octopus' Spade in the Gear Changer interface, the info display to the right shows "Item Drop +5". And when I click on the icon in the KoL inventory web interface, the info window shows a "+5% Item Drops" enchantment.

Hope this helps,

Gdunge

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Imagine that you see a percent sign to the right of "Item Drop +5" in the Gear Changer.
Happy?

Gdunge

Thanks for the replies.

Is there a way to tell the difference between "+5" and "+5%" in the Gear Changer?

If not, that feature is less useful to me. Case in point: the current "Valhalla Attack" event. I needed "bonus", not "bonus %" increases. I found myself confused and I wasted some adventures.

Was I wrong to post this as a bug? I didn't mean to annoy you, Veracity. I saw something that looked broken in a way that affected me and possibly others, so I reported it.

I am extremely impressed with KoLmafia. I use it daily and I keep finding out new kool stuff it can do. The dedication of the people that maintain it is inspiring. Thanks for your work on it!

Gdunge

Theraze

It's the same thing. Imagine that there's normally a 100% chance... your 5% gain turns that into a 105% chance. Whether it shows as +5 or 5% it's both meaning exactly the same thing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For things where there is a +effect and +%effect, you can tell the difference. There is no +item drop, there is only +%item drop.

xKiv

For things where there is a +effect and +%effect, you can tell the difference.

Not in the modifier maximizer (effectively), unless you know to maximize something silly like "HP -1.25 muscle" [1] or "spell damage - spell damage percent"

[1] for non-muscle class with just spirit of ravioli