OCD Inventory control

Winterbay

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean? Where would I have an alias that could interfere with the script?

The script executes "pulverize " together with whatever it has been decided it shall pulverize in the CLI. If there is an alias called pulverize or even perhaps 16 I guess that could be a problem.

That said I think that there are spelling errors in the script. Lines 231 and 238 refers to "PLUV" instead of "PULV" which is the command setup at the start of the script. Test what happens if you change those two lines?

oztrich

That said I think that there are spelling errors in the script. Lines 231 and 238 refers to "PLUV" instead of "PULV" which is the command setup at the start of the script. Test what happens if you change those two lines?

Yes, that did the trick!

After replacing "PLUV" with "PULV" it works fine:

Code:
pulverize 18 giant needle
Pulverizing giant needle (18)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (48)
You acquire twinkly wad (6)
giant needle (18) smashed.
This inventory is clean.

Thanks! :)

Bale

Minion
Thank you for spotting my typo. I updated the first post with the fixed version.

(Darnit, I found the wrong potential bug in the pulverize code earlier. Ah well, at least nobody will ever spot the problem I fixed then.)

tgetgel

Bale,

How do you handle stuff that you want to send to the clan stash on a routine basis? Could that be added to the action drop list in the relay inventory manager if the character was in a clan? I know you have the send as gift to ... already. Can that be to the clan stash?

Bale

Minion
Bale,

How do you handle stuff that you want to send to the clan stash on a routine basis? Could that be added to the action drop list in the relay inventory manager if the character was in a clan? I know you have the send as gift to ... already. Can that be to the clan stash?

Clan stash would have to be an entirely different action. It works nothing like sending gifts. I could add it to the script though. I'll take a look at adding that tonight.

tgetgel

Can you add a "Do you really want to leave this page" when adding to the inventory and you have not yet saved all of the changes?

(banging head on desk)

Bale

Minion
Sorry, I don't have any good ideas for how to do that. You'll just have to remember to click the save button before switching tabs.

Bale

Minion
How do you handle stuff that you want to send to the clan stash on a routine basis? Could that be added to the action drop list in the relay inventory manager if the character was in a clan?

I added the Clan Stash as a new feature.

You can now do this in OCD Control v3.2 and db Manager v1.2. I hope that this meets with your approval. Please test it out and let me know if it works.

bumcheekcity

This is one of the best scripts ever :D

One tiny request: Pagination. I have about 2,000 items and Firefox has a massive spaz every time I load a page - perhaps 50/100/200 per page?

Edit: I thought it would just do nothing with Uncategorised items, but I tested it by categorising 10-20 of them, then I ran the script and got this:

Code:
> call scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash

Saving outfit Backup...
Outfit saved
Taking off everything...
Everything removed.

transform 1 Jarlsberg's key into Jarlsberg's key lime pie, 1 Richard's star key into star key lime pie, 1 Sneaky Pete's key into Sneaky Pete's key lime pie, 1 digital key into digital key lime pie

use 24 Warm Subject gift certificate

pulverize 1 Angelhair Culottes, 1 Bandolier of the Spaghetti Elemental
Searching for ""drink me" potion"...
Searching for "'will work for booze' sign"...
Searching for "30669 scroll"...
Searching for "334 scroll"...
Searching for "6-ball"...
Searching for "668 scroll"...
Searching for "angry farmer candy"...
Searching for "bricko eye brick"...
Searching for "bittersweettarts"...

mallsell 57 "DRINK ME" potion @ 395, 9 'WILL WORK FOR BOOZE' sign @ 900, 13 30669 scroll @ 1700, 16 334 scroll @ 1695, 1 6-ball @ 100, 5 668 scroll @ 3565, 16 Angry Farmer candy @ 274, 4 BRICKO eye brick @ 100, 1 BitterSweetTarts @ 700
Total sale price = 103,244

autosell 1 1337 7r0uZ0RZ, 1 3-ball, 23 33398 scroll, 3 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 2 8-ball, 1 ASCII shirt
Total autosale price = 1896
This was only a test. Had this been an actual OCD incident your inventory would be clean right now.

I assumed it would only affect the items above, and would ignore the others. Am I misunderstanding?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
This is one of the best scripts ever :D

One tiny request: Pagination. I have about 2,000 items and Firefox has a massive spaz every time I load a page - perhaps 50/100/200 per page?
That's a good idea. I'll have to figure out a good way to do that.

Edit: I thought it would just do nothing with Uncategorised items, but I tested it by categorising 10-20 of them, then I ran the script and got this:

Code:

Saving outfit Backup...
Outfit saved
Taking off everything...
Everything removed.

transform 1 Jarlsberg's key into Jarlsberg's key lime pie, 1 Richard's star key into star key lime pie, 1 Sneaky Pete's key into Sneaky Pete's key lime pie, 1 digital key into digital key lime pie

use 24 Warm Subject gift certificate

pulverize 1 Angelhair Culottes, 1 Bandolier of the Spaghetti Elemental
Searching for ""drink me" potion"...
Searching for "'will work for booze' sign"...
Searching for "30669 scroll"...
Searching for "334 scroll"...
Searching for "6-ball"...
Searching for "668 scroll"...
Searching for "angry farmer candy"...
Searching for "bricko eye brick"...
Searching for "bittersweettarts"...

mallsell 57 "DRINK ME" potion @ 395, 9 'WILL WORK FOR BOOZE' sign @ 900, 13 30669 scroll @ 1700, 16 334 scroll @ 1695, 1 6-ball @ 100, 5 668 scroll @ 3565, 16 Angry Farmer candy @ 274, 4 BRICKO eye brick @ 100, 1 BitterSweetTarts @ 700
Total sale price = 103,244

autosell 1 1337 7r0uZ0RZ, 1 3-ball, 23 33398 scroll, 3 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 2 8-ball, 1 ASCII shirt
Total autosale price = 1896
This was only a test. Had this been an actual OCD incident your inventory would be clean right now.

I assumed it would only affect the items above, and would ignore the others. Am I misunderstanding?

Yes, I believe it can not effect any items other than the items you specify. You'll have to be clearer about the problem. What happened that you didn't expect? Is any of that contrary to your expectation? Are those the 10-20 items that you categorized? The bit about "This was only a test..." is because you turned on simulation mode. Did it do something different from your expectation?

I don't understand clearly if there was a problem or what the problem was.

Theraze

Probably the fact that the simulation message said that your inventory would be clean, though it's not, because he didn't do his whole inventory. :D But it would be 'clean' in terms of those are the items that HE said were junk...

bumcheekcity

Theraze is correct. I ran it WITHOUT the simulation option and it did exactly as I expected (i.e. only affected the items I had actions set for). It's just that the message could probably be clarified a little. Other than a slight misunderstanding, the script worked absolutely perfectly.

oztrich

I added the Clan Stash as a new feature.

You can now do this in OCD Control v3.2 and db Manager v1.2. I hope that this meets with your approval. Please test it out and let me know if it works.

I've tested this out with v3.21 and it doesn't seem to be working. The script reports it has done what I asked:

Code:
stash 1 stuffed Baron von Ratsworth, 1 stuffed frozen gravy fairy, 1 stuffed hand turkey, 1 stuffed key, 1 stuffed undead elbow macaroni
This inventory is clean.

But all of these the items still show in my inventory. I checked my inventory prior to and after running the script, then used the mafia clan stash option to move them successfully.

Bale

Minion
I think the CLI command should be:

I'm not using the CLI command.I'm using put_stash(). Since that command doesn't give a nice CLI output I put one together with print().

But all of these the items still show in my inventory. I checked my inventory prior to and after running the script, then used the mafia clan stash option to move them successfully.

Did you refresh inventory?

apenny

Hi -

One feature that would be really nice to have would be to a "send to kbay" type of option. Could have options set to have default price, if desired.

Thanks so much for this great script.

apenny

Bale

Minion
One feature that would be really nice to have would be to a "send to kbay" type of option. Could have options set to have default price, if desired.

I'd considered that, but of course it would be bad to send each item to kBay individually. (kBay won't even allow that many auctions for a single person anymore.) So, should I simply lump each 11 items together regardless of there being any connection? Or should I link all stuffies together (in groups of 11) and then all non-stuffies? I haven't figured out a good choice for this. What sort of minimum price should I set? I have questions.

What do you think?

halfvoid

I would say with the sheer volume of items that would be filtered through with OCD that it would be better to just use the kbay.ash that was posted a couple months ago. I've customized mine to only send sets of 10 of each stuffed item, 1 for crimbo tree items, and a couple other special item auctions once i acquire 100 of them, i.e. sugar shards, toast, robogoose eggs. With the sets of 10 for the stuffed items I tend to have 2 or 3 sets a week to send out. Bulk stuffies likely go for more, but i feel the collectors who are really the ones who frequent it the most would prefer to just get whatever they are looking for.

Perhaps a way to send out sets of 10 for up to 15 auctions and then exit out of the kbay function?
Or a way to scan kbay with a visit_url to see how many auctions are currently running for the character before determining the way to send out gift items.

oztrich

Did you refresh inventory?

I wasn't sure, so I've re-tested by:
retrieving an item from the clan stash, checking for it's presence via mafia and the relay browser, running the script, confirming the item did not disappear in mafia and can still be found via relay browser, then logging out and back in again.

The result is that the item is still in my inventory, even though the script reported:

Code:

Checking for updates (running Bale's OCD Inventory Control ver. 3.21)...
_version_BaleOCD => 3.21
You have a current version of Bale's OCD Inventory Control.

stash 1 stuffed can of asparagus
This inventory is clean.

I can re-run the script multiple times and it will report that it has stashed the same item every time, but it won't actually go until I use the stash button in mafia.

I'm as sure as I can be that this feature is not working correctly. I can run more tests if you can see anything that seems to be a loophole in my thinking?