OCD Inventory control

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13221 will no longer generate the error message.

ItemFinder continues to be a real mess, a metal cylinder packed with writhing annelids.

ereinion

Unfortunately it appears that the two logs are from different events. The DEBUG log has an autosale total of 280, while the ASH log has an autosale total of 69. Not having joined logfiles does make this much more difficult to compare, especially as it appears that the ASH log, where we'd actually find out what went wrong, doesn't have the error as "out of range" does not appear in it, unlike in the DEBUG log.
Whoops, how did I manage that. Sorry for not being more careful when sorting the files, but luckily it seems the problem was sorted out anyway. Thanks a ton for putting in all this effort in order to provide us end-users with such an amazing program and such nice scripts :)

Theraze

Eh, I'm not a dev. But Veracity, an awesome one, managed to take Razorsoup's logs and figured out that isn't not actually OCD, just batching items, that caused this. :) Yay Veracity!

Hey, I had a few questions about the script before I run it. I am setting the items and was wondering what happens when I select pulverize. Does it send them to the wad bot? Also, what option should I select for malusing?

Fluxxdog

I am setting the items and was wondering what happens when I select pulverize.
If you have the pulverize skill, it'll smash for you. Otherwise, if available, it'll send the items to wadbot.
Does it send them to the wad bot?
Only if you are incapable of smashing them yourself.
Also, what option should I select for malusing?
Pulverize. If they can be combined, it's handle it as appropriate. If you have Pulverize and have access to the muscle guild, it'll upgrade. Otherwise, it'll send the stuff to wadbot to be upgraded.

Alright thanks, what about kbay stuff. Is the min price for the lot or per item? Also, I was looking at the code it for the kbay and it seemed to put them in max lots of 100, is this correct?

BladeLight

errr... what??
> call scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash

autoSatisfyWithCloset => false
Pulling items from stash...
Transfer failed for commemorative war stein (65)
Movement of items failed.
Searching for "commemorative war stein"...
Search complete.
Purchasing commemorative war stein (1 @ 2,000)...
Purchasing commemorative war stein (2 @ 2,000)...
Purchasing commemorative war stein (2 @ 2,000)...
Purchasing commemorative war stein (16 @ 2,000)...
Purchasing commemorative war stein (4 @ 2,000)...
Purchasing commemorative war stein (3 @ 2,000)...
Purchasing commemorative war stein (37 @ 2,000)...
Purchases complete.
You acquire an item: goatskin umbrella
Transfer failed for solid gold bowling ball (14)
Movement of items failed.
Searching for "solid gold bowling ball"...
Search complete.
Purchasing solid gold bowling ball (1 @ 10,000)...
Purchasing solid gold bowling ball (2 @ 10,000)...
Purchasing solid gold bowling ball (5 @ 10,000)...
Purchasing solid gold bowling ball (2 @ 10,000)...
KoLmafia declares world peace.

It's set as to put them into my closet....

Theraze

I HIGHLY recommend emptying your stash before running the script. If you're doing PVP and don't want stuff to be stolen... wait until you're in a non-PVP ascension. Or set OCD to closet everything. But if for some reason it decides that it should have 14 bowling balls and they 'disappear' in a failed move, mafia will probably get more. Dangers of acquire/retrieve_item... it WILL end up with 14 in inventory. How? Eh. Whatever.

Theraze

Well, at the time of your log, there apparently was...
You acquire an item: goatskin umbrella

Also note that logging out and logging back in does NOT fully refresh mafia when it gets weird. Quit. Make sure mafia is completely closed. Update mafia to the latest daily build if it isn't. Then see if it still happens.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Also note that logging out and logging back in does NOT fully refresh mafia when it gets weird.
Considering that any such behavior constitutes a bug - when you log out and log in again without exiting, KoLmafia's state is supposed reflect the new character and only the new character - we have gone to considerable trouble to squash any and all such bugs when they are reported.

Since you claim that such bugs still exist (by using the present tense and all that), I assume there are some existing bug reports that we have missed. Can you point me to them, please? Or, if there are no such bug reports, yet you still claim that bugs exist (by using the present tense, and all that), how about if you write a bug report?

You know - explain exactly which character state lingers from an old character when you log out and log in with a new one.

Thanks.

Theraze

Considering that Hagnk's is "storage", not the "stash", that is clearly what it is referring to.

Sorry, I obviously got that part missed up.

Considering that any such behavior constitutes a bug - when you log out and log in again without exiting, KoLmafia's state is supposed reflect the new character and only the new character - we have gone to considerable trouble to squash any and all such bugs when they are reported.

Since you claim that such bugs still exist (by using the present tense and all that), I assume there are some existing bug reports that we have missed. Can you point me to them, please? Or, if there are no such bug reports, yet you still claim that bugs exist (by using the present tense, and all that), how about if you write a bug report?

You know - explain exactly which character state lingers from an old character when you log out and log in with a new one.

Thanks.

Post from Darzil a week and a half ago. It was fixed, but that was one spot recently where restarting mafia fully cleared something. Note that this doesn't meet your requirement of unfulfilled, since you did fix it. :)

This thread from February/March on a chat-related memory increase was eventually closed because requested information was not given. Regardless, logging out of mafia didn't reduce memory usage back to normal levels, but fully quitting mafia did.

It's just one of the standard technological troubleshooting steps. If you haven't fully rebooted and replicated the problem, do that first. If you don't have a debug log or some way to make it replicable for the devs, you don't make a bad bug report that just frustrates them. Of course that sometimes means frustrating the devs because you didn't make a badly worded, non-replicable bug report, but... the user loses that decision either way.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It was fixed, but that was one spot recently where restarting mafia fully cleared something. Note that this doesn't meet your requirement of unfulfilled, since you did fix it. :)
Of course! As I said, that is the kind of bug that we always fix.

This thread from February/March on a chat-related memory increase was eventually closed because requested information was not given. Regardless, logging out of mafia didn't reduce memory usage back to normal levels, but fully quitting mafia did.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with character state persisting between one character and the next one.

Theraze

My statement was not regarding character state. I simply said:
Also note that logging out and logging back in does NOT fully refresh mafia when it gets weird. Quit. Make sure mafia is completely closed. Update mafia to the latest daily build if it isn't. Then see if it still happens.
Fully refreshing mafia. Clean slate. All new memory allocations. It does include the character state, but that wasn't what I was mainly referring to.

Rather than frustrate you and the other devs with transitory Java environment bugs or memory corruption in the user's environment, I generally tell them to fully relaunch mafia. It fixes a lot of problems, not all, but some.

Some things, like memory allocation, persist between characters. If I leave mafia running through four characters and twelve hours, it runs slower than if I fully close mafia when a character is done. Mafia is currently using 1032.4MB of memory while idling and doing nothing - no chat launched this session, nothing that should be actively working. I fully quit, log back in, and it is using 176.5MB. A maximization string, mall purchase, relay browser, and adventure (including getting the stolen mer-kin pressureglobe back from that pesky dolphin thief) later and it's at 281.0MB. However, it's still less than a third of the former memory allocation and my system, both mafia and otherwise, and significantly snappier. Both the former gig of RAM and the current lesser are on r13256.

Does that mean I need to write up a bug report about mafia using greater and greater amounts of RAM and slowing my system down? Nope. While if a dev feels like it they could try to go on a major memory allocation cleanup series, the benefit isn't worth it unless one of the you awesome people actually wants to go through and look for why it happens. And posting a 50 gig debug log for a whole lot of regular playing isn't going to make anything useful happen except for my Box account getting full which, while amusing, doesn't mean that anyone will actually want to download it, much less try to read through it, without a lot of additional logging to expose when memory is allocated and freed. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Memory usage is completely different from retaining false information when logging in to a new character (or the same character again). Unless you are trying to aggravate Veracity, there is no point in mentioning them in the same conversation (unless you think one is causing the other somehow, but you don't seem to be saying that here).

Theraze

I'm just going to stop talking about why rebooting helps for now. I see benefits. Both in helpdesk and my personal coding, it's the first step in any troubleshooting I personally take and suggest. The developers of mafia disagree that it should be a part of troubleshooting. That means that I should stop suggesting it to users of mafia. I will attempt to do so and no longer suggest restarting to others as a standard part of troubleshooting problems.

Much like with the last time I was aggravating Veracity, it doesn't benefit to continue trying to show why I believe there's a reason for it when the developers disagree, which was when I stopped talking there. This post serves as notice so that developers hopefully don't need to ask me to post more examples which will only aggravate and frustrate. I hope this is less annoying.