OCD Inventory control

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The bug might be that you're allowed to categorize the talisman to be pulverized since it's a quest item.

Quite possibly in which case I would ask why does OCD think it can be pulverized so that a data source can be corrected. That said, there are also problems with kbay auction items. I'll generate a list of specifics eventually but many of them are items I bought on kbay, wanted one for my DC and would like to sell the rest. Last time I tried OCD generated an empty message to kbay, IIRC.

Bale

Minion
I would ask why does OCD think it can be pulverized so that a data source can be corrected

I don't think that the Talisman O Nam can be categorized that way unless you edit the data file. I tried and it failed to show up in the relay script. That's what I'd expect based on this code.

Code:
boolean is_OCDable(item it) {
	if(is_displayable(it)) return true;
	switch(it) {
	case $item[Boris's key]:
	case $item[Jarlsberg's key]:
	case $item[Richard's star key]:
	case $item[Sneaky Pete's key]:
	case $item[digital key]:
	case $item[the Slug Lord's map]:
	case $item[Dr. Hobo's map]:
	case $item[Dolphin King's map]:
	case $item[Degrassi Knoll shopping list]:
	case $item[31337 scroll]:
		return true;
	}
	return false;
}

I think you must have edited it in manually and I can't be held responsible for that. If I'm wrong, please try deleting it from your data file. Then use the relay script to see if it allows you to categorize that item at all. If it allows you, then please list the categories that it allows you to assign.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have never manually edited any of the OCD files. However I have run the Price Advisor to OCD script so I will see if that is the source. Thanks.

Edit: I blew away the data files and rebuilt them from the relay script. It does not even offer me the Tailsman as something to categorize so I would take this as a concern with the PA to OCD script and not OCD.

That said, what does the entry "bugbear bunguard (7)" mean in the relay script? If the number in parens is an on hand count then it is getting several things wrong, including the bunguard, of which one only do I have.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Double post.

The following items were categorized as kBay sales:
black-and-blue light (23)
blue plasma ball (19)
fake hand (1)
flavored foot massage oil (27)
Loudmouth Larry Lamprey (23)
personal massager (2)
personalized coffee mug (54)
rubber WWBD? bracelet (1)

However when I run OCD in simulate mode it does not say anything about trying to send them to kBay. When I run it in action mode it does nothing with them. If this is a feature in order to keep OCD users from spamming kBay would it be possible to have the script tell why it is not sending items so I don't keep bringing this up?

Also I am allowed to categorize Colander of Em-er'il to be pulverized but OCD sends a message to wadbot with no items. Since I blew away the data files and have only used the relay script to categorize items this seems to me to be a data or script problem.

Thanks.

Ferdawoon

Feature-request:
Sometimes I find that I only want to do part of what the script do. That is, I want to do most things except to craft anything (because I dont have any chef or bartender, or whatever reason) but I dont really feel that I want to edit the datafile every time =S

So, could we get the option to just run parts of he script? Make a new tab in the relay window where you can click what you want the script to do (Pulverize, Mallsell, Autosell, etc) and then another button called [Run!] that start the script?

Bale

Minion
If this is a feature in order to keep OCD users from spamming kBay would it be possible to have the script tell why it is not sending items so I don't keep bringing this up?

In order to avoid spamming kBay there is a minimum amount that is required to send the items as you suspect. Please tell me exactly what output should be produced in that case. Post it here as if you had copy-pasted it from the CLI because I'm not really sure what would be right. If I like your answer I'll add the error message to my script.

Also I am allowed to categorize Colander of Em-er'il to be pulverized but OCD sends a message to wadbot with no items. Since I blew away the data files and have only used the relay script to categorize items this seems to me to be a data or script problem.

Now that is an interesting example! The cause of the problem is obvious. You can pulverize the colander, but you cannot trade it. So you can only pulverize it if you actually have the skill.

That makes this a script problem since it cannot deal wadbotting untradeable pulverizeables. I guess I'll need to add an is_tradeable() check if you are trying to use wadbot so that it just leaves the colander in inventory without trying to mail it.

So, could we get the option to just run parts of he script? Make a new tab in the relay window where you can click what you want the script to do (Pulverize, Mallsell, Autosell, etc) and then another button called [Run!] that start the script?

Sounds like a pita and I'd never use that feature.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Before I suggest specific language for an informative message, I would like to understand why these items, when all present do not meet a minimum.

black-and-blue light (23)
blue plasma ball (19)
fake hand (1)
flavored foot massage oil (27)
Loudmouth Larry Lamprey (23)
personal massager (2)
personalized coffee mug (54)
rubber WWBD? bracelet (1)

There are over 100 individual items so I doubt it is because there are too few items. There are 8 distinct items which seems ample. I do not know how many auctions OCD would try and create but it may be that if there are 8 separate auctions they do not meet some minimum individually that combining auctions might otherwise meet.

Now what I really want to do is get rid of the darn things and have more meat afterward than if I just autosold them. I am not especially interested in maximizing that amount of meat although I won't complain and I am interested in minimizing my effort in doing so. At the moment the absolute easiest way to send something to kBay is OCD. The only thing I can imagine easier that I might possibly use instead would be a relay script that knew the kBay message syntax so I didn't have to.

So what I really want is not an informative message but an option to group items so that your minimum standard is met. Note that I am perfectly willing to let you as script author enforce a policy that is kBay friendly, I would just like the opportunity to relax something else so that my goal - getting rid of stuff - is accomplished.

<list of items> will NOT be sent to kBay because the minimum bid of <calculated minimum bid> is less than <enforced minimum bid>.

That would certainly keep me from wondering if the script were broken.

Note that in all the above there is a veiled feature request to run the kBay actions only. I would also run everything but Create if the operation were available. However in my case there are work-arounds I can live with and I don't want to be any more of a PITA than I already am so I'm not asking for the option to be implemented.

Thank you.

Bale

Minion
Oh heck. There was a bug in the formula that failed to properly consider quantity along with price when figuring out if it is worth sending to kBay. Thanks for being so insistent because I wasn't getting interested enough to take a proper look-see.

I'll fix that tonight or tomorrow.

Bale

Minion
OCD Inventory Control Updated!

Fixed the kBay issues that fronobulax has pointed out as well as RealBurgerKing's concern about dangerous mode's pop-up warning.

fronobulax, please let me know what you think. At the least you should be pleased about all those tasteful items going to kBay finally.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Worked like a charm. Thank you. It created one auction and told me that I needed more items for other auctions.

Banana Lord

Regarding item stocking, does OCD know to check for items in my DC before trying to get them? I would assume that it does (without looking at the script ;)) but I note that it registers 0 in stock for items in my DC (e.g.: greatest american pants, juju mojo mask). Perhaps items in your DC should be counted when calculating stock totals?

Bale

Minion
They absolutely are not counted. Items in your DC cannot be accessed during ronin so obviously they are not stocked for a softcore ascension.

Do you really use your DC during softcore? Obviously I have no idea why you want to do this so perhaps if you explained it to me I might see things your way.

Banana Lord

Err... Are we talking about the same thing here? I don't use my DC in softcore, but I do put a lot of my ascension gear in there during aftercore. So when I come to do another ascension and I want to get OCD to make sure I have everything I need (as per my stock list) I'd quite like it to grab stuff out of my DC automatically, so that I don't have to. Hope that makes more sense.

Bale

Minion
You want OCD to assume that anything in your display case could be removed to stock for softcore? That does make more sense, but it still seems odd to consider your DC as auxiliary storage.

Banana Lord

Yep, that's exactly it. I actually do treat my DC as auxiliary storage because I like to be able to organise things in a customisable way (onto shelves) rather than in the default inventory/closet manner. It makes no sense to me that someone would put something on their 'to be stocked' list and prefer that OCD buy (or otherwise acquire) the required number of that item rather than simply take it out of their DC, should it be in there.

Bale

Minion
By contrast I figure that anything put into a Display Case is there for people to admire and shouldn't be removed.

Using the DC that way could be controlled by a setting in OCD, but it would be a lot more complicated than you suspect that it should be since I already need to coordinate stock with your OCD settings for both inventory and closet storage... I don't want to take it to that next level by coordinating display case settings as well.

I suppose I'll think about it. If the mood strikes me I'll implement. Until then you'll have to work around the limitation.

Banana Lord

Sure, I understand the difference of opinion. I can easily work around it myself by writing a small script to grab the relevant items out of my DC before running OCD immediately before an ascension. If you decide that others may find that functionality useful I'll be happy to take advantage of it too :)

Does the script look in your shop before buying stuff for stocking? I normally ascend HC but I decided to do a SC fist challenge run and so I ran the stocking script, and I can swear that it bought some stuff that I had in my shop. BTW, kudos on the stocking ideas...there was more things than my normal stocking script had, and it did a nice job of keeping that stuff around and cleaning up everything else. This script saves me a lot of time at the end of my ascensions. :D

Bale

Minion
No, it doesn't check your shop, sorry. Actually, mafia really doesn't even have any good way to remove an item from your shop so I won't be adding that.

Glad that it helped you! My goal was to save myself a lot of time, but it's nice to save other people time as well.

Well in theory I should be selling the stuff for more than I'm buying it...and after this SC run I'll be back to HC for a long time (more karma/day, plus I just like HC better) so I might not use the stocking very often.

If the stocking part could modify the hold amounts for mall sell/pulverize/display case when you update the stocking amounts and say to stock those, would that make it so in the future I wouldn't accidentally get rid of those items? If I'm stocking them all the time then it won't matter, but if I turn off stocking it'd be nice to accumulate that stuff in case I wanted to run the stocking portion again in the future for doing a SC run down the road.