OCD Inventory control

Bale

Minion
Bale, I've come across a bug. When trying to set the mall pricing to 999,999,999 meat, it doesn't save that setting the next time I enter the configure script tab. When running the script it does the auto pricing no matter what I choose in the settings.
That was a perfect example of me being stupid. I've fixed the problem and updated the first post.

But it's an awesome script. I love it. It's made me get rid of all my spreadsheets I've previously used to organize my inventory. I'm about 40% the way through my 2000 items, but it's already got me over 1.5 million in autosells that i never thought about autoselling until the script made me categorize these worthless things.

Wow. :D I love your testimonial!

Now I'm surprised that doing item_name(value.mix1) worked when value.mix1 was an item, since item_name() was defined as:

Is this just me re-discovering fire? I guess this is why you can use print() on anything, but I assumed something was happening in print() and wouldn't work for any function taking a string as input.

Nope. Not just you. That was a bug in my code, pure and simple. When I went in to fix this problem I was just as shocked as you to see that it worked at all!

All functions in ash that accept strings seem to implicitly convert to strings.

It figures that Alhifar knew about that!

rpxx

Thanks for writing this. I have some newbie questions: I'm using version 1.33.

1. When does the script actually send things? I can run it in my relay browser and categorize items and so on, but when does it dispose of them? Is there a button to tell it to do so somewhere, or does it trigger at ascension?

2. I'd like to be able to set some items to kmail to another account -- sellbot, actually. (In groups of 11 if I have 11 or more kinds of items, to avoid spamming kmails.) Do I do this by declaring sellbot as my mall multi? Or do I do it by declaring that I'm sending those items as gifts? I don't want them to actually be put into gift boxes.

Bale

Minion
1. From the first post:
How to use:
  • Get zlib if you don't already have it. If you're running any other scripts, odds are that you already have it.
  • Download OCD Inventory Control to your /scripts directory.
  • Download relay_OCD_dB_Manager to your /relay directory.
  • Invoke OCD dB Manager from your relay browser's top menu. Use it to create a map file with a list of how you want to treat every item. This map file can also be edited in a plain text editor if you're careful.
  • Run OCD Inventory Control from your script menu to make all your excess items go away.

The last point explains how to make it take action.

2. It will only put gifts into gift boxes if the target is in ronin/hardcore. Your intention should work by sending the items as a gift. On the gift configuration tab you can specify what message is to be sent. (It chooses the message from only 1 item so tag them all.)

rpxx

OK, thanks. I'd like to request a feature then -- would it be possible to put a "send stuff now" button into the relay browser page? Then everything could be done from one place.

Also, could the docs give a short description of what actually happens with each option? Just something like your explanation for point 2 above about what will happen if I send things as gifts (it will use boxes only if target is in hardcore/ronin, it will combine items in kmail in groups of 11 otherwise, the bit about item message tagging, etc.) For instance, if I thought that the person I was going to send gifts to was in ronin, I'd be concerned that sending a lot of item types as gifts to one account might lead to the purchase of an ultra-expensive magnetic field gift box. I can't tell whether the program would actually do that or not, other than by digging into zlib code, because the simulation mode doesn't tell me in detail -- it just says that it would have sent gift X to Y account. Or would it tell me if I turned verbosity up somewhere?

Bale

Minion
This thread could indeed benefit from more complete documentation. I'll consider working on that, but it just seems like a drag to do.

If you are sending gift boxes it will only use up to an exactly-three-shaped box. No ultra-expensive gift boxes will be used -- it'll just send 3 items per messages.

I'll think about a "clean inventory now" button.

rpxx

Thanks again.

I remember, somewhere back in the thread, someone was asking about how to take out the "mall multi dump" message. They were sending things to a bot, if I remember rightly.

Well, if they were talking about sellbot, then it's true that sellbot wants to get items via kmail with a blank message. I managed to send things to sellbot by going to the script source, searching for the phrase "mall multi dump", replacing it with "", and declaring sellbot to be my mall multi. Sellbot accepted the items. That's better, for me, than sending items to sellbot as a gift recipient, because then I'd have to designate a gift recipient on each of the 1000-ish items that I want to send to sellbot.

EdFox

Thanks again.

I remember, somewhere back in the thread, someone was asking about how to take out the "mall multi dump" message. They were sending things to a bot, if I remember rightly.

Well, if they were talking about sellbot, then it's true that sellbot wants to get items via kmail with a blank message. I managed to send things to sellbot by going to the script source, searching for the phrase "mall multi dump", replacing it with "", and declaring sellbot to be my mall multi. Sellbot accepted the items. That's better, for me, than sending items to sellbot as a gift recipient, because then I'd have to designate a gift recipient on each of the 1000-ish items that I want to send to sellbot.

That's me, and that was the exact case. The fine folk(s) behind sellbot have to process deposit messages with things other than blank or "deposit" manually and I hate it when I forget to update that string after a new version is out and then send them 20 messages they'll have to mess with manually........ like I just did about 5 minutes ago. Arrgh.

Bale,
Can I talk you into changing that text to "deposit" in future versions? Seems pretty descriptive and save me from being an asshat? Please? :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have the script set to put stuff in the mall at max price, and it did that, but it still did mall searches for all of the items first to update mafia's prices.

rpxx

Can I talk you into changing that text to "deposit" in future versions?

Instead of that, if I can make another feature request, how about making the mall multi kmail message configurable on the Configure screen? Right under the mall multi name, and the checkbox for whether to use the mall multi for malling things, there could be a Mall Multi Kmail Message field with "mall multi dump" filled in. Then you could just change it to blank if you wanted to, and, assuming that your configuration got saved when versions got updated, it wouldn't go away.

Bale

Minion
I think I'll add an option for mall multi dump message in my next update. That should solve various problems people might have.

Edit: Updated to add that feature. Now you can easily use the script if you want sellbot to be your mall multi. (I dunt get it, but whatever.)

Last edited:

rpxx

Thanks!

I dunt get it, but whatever.

Off-topic, I know, but the advantages of using sellbot are:

1. You can send it junk that would otherwise clutter up your store and make it hard for you to see what's going on with the items that you care about.

2. It can sell things that you can't. For items stuck at minimum mall price, if there are thousands of whatever it is in the mall, only the highest-advertised store makes any real sales. Sellbot has a store (Clerk's) with very high advertising. Since sellbot gives you 95% of the meat that it gets, for an item stuck at double autosale in the mall you get 1.9 x autosale for it (eventually) if you go through sellbot.

3. It sells gift items -- Klaw things, Duchess food, hilarious and tasteful items, etc.

Bale, do you have a changelog for this thing somewhere?

I've always been able to figure out what you've done with an update just by reading the thread, but this is bothering me for some reason.

rpxx

I have another feature request. I've been using this script and it's been working fine, but there's one other thing I'd like to do. Often I want to keep 10 tower items, say, and mallsell any more than ten that I've picked up. But I don't want to just keep 10 of them, I want to put the ten that I've kept into my closet. Is there any way to do this? Maybe add a column so that you can put in a number for how many you want to keep (in inventory), and how many you want to closet?

Alternatively, there could be a sort of two-stage pass, in which you cleaned your inventory, and then cleaned it again. That would let you, say, mallsell more than ten of something, then put those ten in your display case, or send them as gifts. But that seems a lot harder to program.

Theraze

Regarding doing it as a 2 stage pass... that'd be on you. First thing would be telling it that all but 10 should be mallsold. Then you set it to put those 10 in the display case. Or, reverse the two orders... doesn't really matter. But you can already do it with the tools that exist...

Bale

Minion
I just don't want to do this. If you want to put your unsold stuff into the closet or send them as gifts... I just don't want to do it.

Winterbay

I think this is easiest done as a user thing:
1) Organize all items as you want them
2) Copy the created datafile to somewhere or rename it
3) Change the things you want to do a second thing with
4) Run OCD with the first data file and thereafter the second datafile

Allowing a twostep process in the script could lead to all kinds of wonderful errors and probably clutter up the now very nice interface.

rpxx

OK, thanks. I think I'll take Winterbay's suggestion of re-naming the data file so that I can create a second one. Now that I have an alias to the directory where OS X stores these things it's pretty easy to find them.