OCD Inventory control

Isvarka

I'm having the same issue where it would just countdown and then say "Waiting completed." So I tried your version with extra debugging lines and got absolutely zero output.

So I looked through the script to see if I could find why I was getting nothing and realized that it won't do anything if you're in hardcore/ronin. So now I feel sheepish. ;)

Bale

Minion
Wait. If you're in hardcore/ronin it is supposed to print "Whoa! Don't run this until you break the prism!" That's right there in main!

I'm also puzzled because there is nothing in the script that should countdown or say "Waiting completed."

Bale

Minion
You're in hardcore also?

Oh I get it. You must have turned down your zlib verbosity. That's why you don't get the error message.

Isvarka

Yeah, I certainly don't remember turning down the verbosity, but apparently I must have at some point since when I checked the settings file, the value for verbosity was blank. That explains a few things.

And I was confused as well by the countdown and "waiting completed" messages since I couldn't find anything either that mentioned that. I'll try updating all the scripts I use to see if something might be causing conflicts.

Edit: And now that I've set verbosity correctly and updated scripts, I correctly get the error message telling me to not run it until I break the prism.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Whew good news.

Incidentally, default zlib verbosity is 3. Just in case you want to know what it should be.

Winterbay

Yeah, I certainly don't remember turning down the verbosity, but apparently I must have at some point since when I checked the settings file, the value for verbosity was blank. That explains a few things.

And I was confused as well by the countdown and "waiting completed" messages since I couldn't find anything either that mentioned that. I'll try updating all the scripts I use to see if something might be causing conflicts.

Edit: And now that I've set verbosity correctly and updated scripts, I correctly get the error message telling me to not run it until I break the prism.

There is a known bug with the verbosity setting where it sometimes gets blanked out for no obvious reason. I've had that happen as well and it can be really annoying :)

Banana Lord

Running the latest versions of both scripts OCD thinks I've got uncategorised items, despite the relay script showing that I have none. I hit save again anyway and reran the script. Same problem. Ignoring the option to abort still lets me use the script obviously.

Bale

Minion
Really? Try running this and it should shed some light on what items aren't categorized:

Code:
string OCDfile = "OCD_"+my_name()+"_Data.txt";
record item_disposal {
	string action;
	int q;
	string info;
	string message;
};
item_disposal [item] OCD;
file_to_map(OCDfile, OCD);

foreach doodad in get_inventory()
	if(!(OCD contains doodad))
		print(doodad);

Edit: Actually you could run that from the CLI like this:

Code:
ash record item_disposal {string action; int q; string info; string message;}; item_disposal [item] OCD; file_to_map("OCD_"+my_name()+"_Data.txt", OCD); foreach doodad in get_inventory() if(!(OCD contains doodad)) print(doodad);

Last edited:

Banana Lord

You forgot a semi colon ;) I get this:

Code:
Cobb's Knob lab key
Degrassi Knoll shopping list
Frobozz Real-Estate Company Instant House (TM)
Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
Mega Gem
S.O.C.K.
Spookyraven ballroom key
Spookyraven library key
Staff of Ed
Talisman o' Nam
archaeologist's notebook
continuum transfunctioner
detuned radio
dingy dinghy
fraudwort
giant castle map
half of a memo
hedge maze key
hedge maze puzzle
huge mirror shard
makeshift SCUBA gear
pirate fledges
rat whisker
shysterweed
strange leaflet
your father's MacGuffin diary

Bale

Minion
Yeah, I forgot the filter I use to remove quest items from the list:

Code:
string OCDfile = "OCD_"+my_name()+"_Data.txt";
record item_disposal {
	string action;
	int q;
	string info;
	string message;
};
item_disposal [item] OCD;
file_to_map(OCDfile, OCD);

boolean is_OCDable(item it) {
	if(is_displayable(it)) return true;
	switch(it) {
	case $item[Boris's key]:
	case $item[Jarlsberg's key]:
	case $item[Richard's star key]:
	case $item[Sneaky Pete's key]:
	case $item[digital key]:
	case $item[the Slug Lord's map]:
	case $item[Dr. Hobo's map]:
	case $item[Dolphin King's map]:
		return true;
	}
	return false;
}

foreach doodad in get_inventory()
	if(!(OCD contains doodad) && is_OCDable(doodad))
		print(doodad);

Bale

Minion
If you get nothing, then why is it asking if you want to abort?!

I'm uploading a troubleshooting version. Tell me what the CLI output is after it asks if you want to abort.

Attachments

• OCD Inventory Control.ash
    13.1 KB · Views: 45

Banana Lord

Weirdness. I have no problem now. It doesn't ask me to abort. Haven't so much as looked at mafia/KoL since posting initially besides running the code you posted. *Confusion*

EdFox

I found the duct tape problem. It was an interesting issue and had nothing to do with mallability. Should be fixed now, though it's a bit less elegant that I'd prefer. I'll have to try tidying it up later. If anyone wants to give me some help with the regexp on line 262 of the db Manager, I'd be grateful. Right now it only works because of the previous line.

It pains me to report that with relay DB 1.24, there is still no craft choice for duct tape. I show Keep, Autosell, Use, Closet, and Display. I'd be happy to help but I don't even know what 'regexp' even means! :confused:

I'm also getting the "You cannot transform.... There's a problem with your data file." error for crafting nuggets to wads, which makes sense as I have no malus access but what about wadbot. After a little digging I thought "ah-ha, it's not crafted, it should be set to pulverize the nuggets!" Sadly, pulverize isn't an available choice for either powders or nuggets.

Bale

Minion
It's very informative what happens when other people use my scripts because they invariably use them in ways that I do not.

It pains me to report that with relay DB 1.24, there is still no craft choice for duct tape. I show Keep, Autosell, Use, Closet, and Display. I'd be happy to help but I don't even know what 'regexp' even means! :confused:

This is a bit tough for me to test out now. I'll work on it once I have access to duct tape and can check it. (In hardcore now.) This isn't a solution to the problem, but until I can fix it I believe it will work if you edit a line into your data file. (Use notepad or other plaintext editor -- back it up before editing just in case you make a mistake. It'd suck to lose the whole database...) Add this line to the end of your OCD_EdFox_Data.txt file:

Code:
duct tape	MAKE	0	duct tape wallet

I'm also getting the "You cannot transform.... There's a problem with your data file." error for crafting nuggets to wads, which makes sense as I have no malus access but what about wadbot. After a little digging I thought "ah-ha, it's not crafted, it should be set to pulverize the nuggets!" Sadly, pulverize isn't an available choice for either powders or nuggets.

This was much easier to fix. OCD dB Manager version 1.25 should recognize your ability to pulverize powders and nuggets.