NS13 Questions not answered in CLI manual

Hola,

I have a few questions arising out of NS13 and CLI scripting that I can't figure out from the CLI manual, which still looks to be NS11-centric. I hope they are short and easy :)

1) The trapper. Is it possible to script a trade of only one fur? I'm interested in scripting the trade of one of my five reward furs for use in the smithing/crafting of fur equipment. But I might want to make (say) one yak anorak and one penguin shorts, so I don't want to trade for all of one type of fur (which is all that appear sto be allowed per the manual). This is really a post-Armorcrafting/Smithing issue, not a post-NS13 issue. But if this isn't currently possible, would you entertain a feature request?

2) the "MCD" command. Does it now work on all zodiacs (i.e., the Annoyatron and Radio), even if they only go to 10?

3) Choice adventures. Is there somewhere I can find a "map" of all the new choice adventure numbers? The list on the wiki appears outdated. Do I have to poke around in the source code? I can try that if necessary, since I've seen you say in the past that it is pretty well documented (I've never looked).

4) A choice adventure feature request. Can you add "complete the Harold's Hammer quest" to the sleazy back alley choices. The Harold's Bell has been found to be quite useful -- see this thread.

Thanks again for a wonderful program.
MX

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=Mighty Xerxes link=topic=1155.msg5474#msg5474 date=1186759398]
I might want to make (say) one yak anorak and one penguin shorts, so I don't want to trade for all of one type of fur (which is all that appear sto be allowed per the manual).
[/quote]

Oh, right ... I forgot to update the manual to reflect removed CLI commands.  The "trapper" command was one of them.  For now, to get any trapper functionality, you'll have to visit him in-browser, or use raw URLs.

The "MCD" command.  Does it now work on all zodiacs (i.e., the Annoyatron and Radio), even if they only go to 10?
[/quote]

Veracity put in a bit of effort to get this working, so this should be the case.

Choice adventures.  Is there somewhere I can find a "map" of all the new choice adventure numbers?  The list on the wiki appears outdated.
[/quote]

I don't believe the list on the wiki is any more dated than KoLmafia's internal list.  The large gaps the wiki has KoLmafia (usually) shares because nobody's figured out those numbers, or perhaps they were discarded during KoL's testing phases so don't actually exist in-game.

A choice adventure feature request.  Can you add "complete the Harold's Hammer quest" to the sleazy back alley choices.  The Harold's Bell has been found to be quite useful -- see this thread.
[/quote]

I'll think about it.

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1155.msg5476#msg5476 date=1186770846]

I don't believe the list on the wiki is any more dated than KoLmafia's internal list. The large gaps the wiki has KoLmafia (usually) shares because nobody's figured out those numbers, or perhaps they were discarded during KoL's testing phases so don't actually exist in-game.
[/quote]

Thanks for the answers (and considering my feature request).

Re the wiki, I was referring to the table on the kolmafia wiki (http://www.wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php/KoLmafia_Properties). Your answer however, led me to go look at the coldfront wiki, which I hadn't done. I see I can get all the choiceadventure numbers there, so that answers my question. But it leads to a follow up question. The wiki.kolmafia.us page says there isn't an obvious way (to the author) to figure out which setting number to choose for which result. I will use the trial and error method described on that page, but any guidance would be helpful (I could edit the page, if only I knew the answer). Thanks again.

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=Mighty Xerxes link=topic=1155.msg5481#msg5481 date=1186774609]
The wiki.kolmafia.us page says there isn't an obvious way (to the author) to figure out which setting number to choose for which result.[/quote]

X: Pick the Xth option on the choice page
X+1: Pick an item you don't have

The X+1 setting is currently only possible where "complete the outfit" shows up as an option in the GUI. Using it anywhere else will probably cause a stack trace.

kain

I've often copied my prefs and then opened the live pref file and the copy and then changed the options for choice adventures to find the number/option that I wanted. You can compare the files side by side to see which line is different.

It isn't that bad, if you're just looking, for example, for the pirate adventures, or just looking for the choice adventure in the Airship

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1155.msg5482#msg5482 date=1186775021]

X: Pick the Xth option on the choice page
X+1: Pick an item you don't have

The X+1 setting is currently only possible where "complete the outfit" shows up as an option in the GUI. Using it anywhere else will probably cause a stack trace.
[/quote]

Thanks, Holatuwol. I've added to the kolmafia wiki to reflect your answer.