Bug - Fixed Not running Logout script

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r10523 so this may be OBE (and I don't have time to check ATM) but when I select general->exit from the menu bar it just exits and does not run my logout script.

AlbinoRhino

My mafia has been just exiting as well. Also, I notice in the task manager that the javaw.exe process never closes after I exit now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I just confirmed that this happens with r10526. I have also since learned that the windows disappear but the javaw process does not exit. (Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, x64). I was able to gather some information about the running process and there are 18 threads of which 12 are daemons. The ShutDown thread has been running continuously.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Logging out. Calling updateDisplayState for "Executing logout script.." Looping through panels. Seems to get stuck in panels[ i ].setEnabled( state != KoLConstants.CONTINUE_STATE ); for CustomCombatPanel$SpecialActionsPanel. Still digging.

Ethelred

Mafia 'hangs" when I try to quit

Just upgraded to r10528 to see if it solved the problem with remembering window postions, and when I tried to quit after moving the windows, nothing appeared to happen. The gCLI window wouldn't accept input and neither the Quit menu selection item nor the key shortcut caused to program to teminate. I finally had to result to using the MacOS X force quit function.

Environment:

MacOS X 10.6.8
Mafia r10528
Java version "1.6.0_26"

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
With 10530, typing "quit" or choosing Exit from the General menu both resulted in all mafia windows closing, but javaw.exe stayed running. I can also still use the relay browser that I left open.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm convinced that what had previously been two threads are about something with the same root cause so I merged them.

In case any other dev is reading this...

r10542 - it shows signs of some kind of infinite loop since the process that does not exit keeps using more memory.

In a debugger in KolDesktop.dispose there is the line
this.removeWindowListener( minimizeListener );

Control never seems to return.

The debugger claims that minimizeListener and this (i.e. KolDesktop) are the same object which certainly doesn't sound right.

Off to investigate.

Ethelred

Yea! r10543 fixes both of the problems I was having. I can now log out without any problem, and when logging in the next time, the window positions were remembered if I changed them in the previous session.

Thanks Hola

roippi

Developer
Logging out before exiting now disposes of the javaw process. Exiting directly still results in no logout frame appearing, and java process remains stuck.