Feature - Implemented New tutorial and related changes

Winterbay

1) The sewer is no more
2) Chewinggum on a string are now usable (but not yet multiusable)
3) There are a bunch of new items:

Code:
Unknown item found: mariachi hat (4718, 318757613)
--------------------
4718 mariachi hat hat all 1
4718 318757613 mariachi hat
mariachi hat 10 none
mariachi hat Moxie: +1
--------------------
You acquire an item: mariachi hat

-

Unknown item found: old sweatpants (4711, 548910318)
--------------------
4711 old sweatpants pants display 0
4711 548910318 old sweatpants
old sweatpants 10 none
# old sweatpants
--------------------
You acquire an item: old sweatpants

-

Unknown item found: Hollandaise helmet (4719, 464939729)
--------------------
4719 Hollandaise helmet hat all 1
4719 464939729 Hollandaise helmet
Hollandaise helmet 10 none
Hollandaise helmet Spell Damage: +1
--------------------
You acquire an item: Hollandaise helmet

Also, trinkets are now gotten by using chewinggum instead of going to the sewer and spend turns there.

4) The turtle totem is now a "1-handed totem" weapon of power 10

Possibly more, but that's what I have for now.

Bale

Minion
Too late. Veracity beat your bug report by almost an hour!

Check out the daily builds.

Edit: Actually she didn't add the mariachi hat, although she did get the everything else. I'm sure that she hadn't gotten to add it only because it hadn't gotten to the wiki yet. ;)

There's lots of little stuff to add like the fact that ketchup's autosale price was lowered to 45 meat. That can all go in later now that she got the important thing done.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I didn't add the mariachi hat because I didn't know it existed: I tried this out by buying 20 chewing gums on strings and repeatedly using them (and using any worthless items I got) until I got nothing but worthless items - which SHOULD mean that I had one each of everything else you can get from the sewer. Apparently not, since I never got a mariachi hat!

Winterbay

Interesting. I got the three new things before I got anything else, also the forum for daily builds still show r8654 as the latest so I was not aware of that there had been any updates :)

matt.chugg

Interesting. I got the three new things before I got anything else, also the forum for daily builds still show r8654 as the latest so I was not aware of that there had been any updates :)

do you mean the daily builds page (outside the forum) or the svn latest changes?

Winterbay

do you mean the daily builds page (outside the forum) or the svn latest changes?

I mean the "Latest SVN Changes"-subforum here at kolmafia.us. Clicking daily builds at the top (or going to builds.kolmafia.us) shows them just fine but I generally only do that if there is an indication in the subforum that something has been added/changed and that hasn't happened for 4 days...

matt.chugg

I mean the "Latest SVN Changes"-subforum here at kolmafia.us. Clicking daily builds at the top (or going to builds.kolmafia.us) shows them just fine but I generally only do that if there is an indication in the subforum that something has been added/changed and that hasn't happened for 4 days...

I have threatened the vps with a an incredibly large stick, it has promised to run its scheduled tasks properly again so as soon as rss bot polls the feed again everything should be back to normal.

slyz

Developer
The new Toot Oriol items:
Code:
Unknown item found: lemon popsicle (4714, 520593873)
--------------------
4714 lemon popsicle food all 2
4714 520593873 lemon popsicle
# lemon popsicle
--------------------
Unknown item found: orange popsicle (4715, 127670925)
--------------------
4715 orange popsicle food all 2
4715 127670925 orange popsicle
# orange popsicle
--------------------
Unknown item found: popsicle stick (4713, 120751680)
--------------------
4713 popsicle stick none all 1
4713 120751680 popsicle stick
# popsicle stick
--------------------
Unknown item found: strawberry popsicle (4716, 874085399)
--------------------
4716 strawberry popsicle food all 2
4716 874085399 strawberry popsicle
# strawberry popsicle
--------------------

xKiv

Actually, I didn't add the mariachi hat because I didn't know it existed: I tried this out by buying 20 chewing gums on strings and repeatedly using them (and using any worthless items I got) until I got nothing but worthless items - which SHOULD mean that I had one each of everything else you can get from the sewer. Apparently not, since I never got a mariachi hat!

Emphasize mine.

Do you mean you used every worthless item as soon as you got it? There are three different ones, you know.
And a total of 16 (according to the wiki) items you can get from the gum. So if you get 12 uniques (missing the hat and the three worthlesses), you had 8 shots at a 25% chance of getting the hat, which is only a 90% chance of getting one.

If you got all three worthlesses and then kept getting worthlesses, that's a whopping (3/16)^(20-15)=0.0237...% chance of that happening.
-------
Anyway, I haven't yet visited the main kol forums where this isprobably already discussed to the horse, but ... does this mean that I can have all the items and just loop "use gum -> get worthless -> exchange worthless at the hermit" forever, because if I am missing one of the worthlesses, I always get a worthless?

Winterbay

Anyway, I haven't yet visited the main kol forums where this isprobably already discussed to the horse, but ... does this mean that I can have all the items and just loop "use gum -> get worthless -> exchange worthless at the hermit" forever, because if I am missing one of the worthlesses, I always get a worthless?

That seemed to be the consensus in /hardcore but we all know how good they are at reality checks :)

The question is: Why would you want to do that? What item at the Hermit would you want that many of that isn't limited per day?

xKiv

You can always wait a day and have that day's clovers guaranteed at 50 meat per clover and zero turns.
Also, jabanero pepper (painful penne pasta, perfume of prejudice).

Winterbay

Yes, but still no items that I would want unlimited numbers of on a given day. Might be just me though :)

xKiv

Well, all it matters for is meat cost anyway. And also RL time/bandwidth "wasted" on requests that end up giving you something you don't want, but could have been preventing by not discarding it earlier (but this one should be weighted agains RL time/bandwidth wasted on extra items in inventory requests; is that negligible?).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8658 adds popsicle sticks, popsicles, and changes the adventure ID of the Noob Cave.