New Pirates

shakaan

I suspect I may be repeating a request / question, but I can't find it =)

Any way of automating the cap'm macronch quest? Specifically, the "Arrr You Man Enough?" adventure and Insult beer pong.

I tried typing "adv 1 barrr" in the gCLI, and it dropped me out to a minibrowser request synch (having obtained all the neccessary gubbinz).

Thanks (and possibly apologies if the reply to this is a link I could've found...)

zarqon

It's pretty easy to do the insult beer pong with book usage in your ccs:

Code:
[ pirate ]
attack
item the big book of pirate insults
attack

I like to attack (or use an appropriate skill -- noodles is helpful here) once before using the book, so I can get a good hit in before I become Embarrassed, but if you're one-hit-killing them, just use the book first.

The sync window will pop up (handily showing your probability of success) when you encounter the beer pong choiceadv. This method is handy enough that I've never thought about automating it further.

So either this helps you or completely doesn't answer your question. :)

Note: after completing the insult beer pong, remember to remove the Big Book from your ccs, or you'll get thwacked on the rest of the pirate ship.

EDIT: I recently released a consult script (First Things First, link in my sig) that automatically handles some pre-combat actions, like stealing, noodles, olfaction, and... throwing the Big Book of Pirate Insults (only in the Barrr) if you haven't learned all the insults yet. Definitely a step up from the solution I recommended above.