New Content - Implemented New path "Actually Ed the Undying"

Bale

Minion
So it literally does exactly the same thing as a sgeea?

I've never actually used one because it is meaningless for Ed, except perhaps to remove thrice cursed and I have a hot tub. Ed doesn't need a sgeea to remove olfaction and dying removes almost everything else...

FightRequest.edFightInProgress could be converted from a boolean to an int for tracking that. I guess consult scripts will want access to that value still. It could also be used for recognizing when returning to combat costs Ka.
I actually came here specifically to ask whether there's any way to access preferences from a CCS. Not only for aborting (which has already been solved by adding a second preference to compare against), but for saying, for example, "If this is my first or second attempt at this fight, use [Skill X], otherwise use [Skill Y]."

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I actually came here specifically to ask whether there's any way to access preferences from a CCS. Not only for aborting (which has already been solved by adding a second preference to compare against), but for saying, for example, "If this is my first or second attempt at this fight, use [Skill X], otherwise use [Skill Y]."

You need a consult script for that.

Bale

Minion
Found a problem with the Tavern Quest.

If you die in battle, you are not automatically returned to life to continue the quest. Instead automation aborts.

[181] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 1)
Encounter: drunken rat king
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\ddd\My Documents\Dropbox\KolMafia\ccs\PathCombat.ccs [default]
Round 0: Bale loses initiative!
You lose 34 hit points
Unable to find faucet.

Ensiferum

Possibly related - ever since the path started undying in the tavern and winning the fight after does not generate the usual post-combat links - "Explore Next Unexplored Square" and "Go back to the Typical Tavern Cellar". That breaks the relay browser automation through the "again" button.

IQG0U0Am.gif

My guess was that visiting underworld somehow prevented mafia from seeing the tavern exploration state when it goes back to the fight.
That guess is probably wrong, but here's a debug log of a couple fights. The last one is won after Undying and there are no links.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20150317_.txt
    636.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm pretty sure that's a KoL bug. (The "Go back to the typical tavern cellar" link is provided by KoL after all.) I also noticed this with other non-snarfblat enemies like the Booty Crab.

Ensiferum

That was my assumption and it's why I hadn't reported it here until now.
Seemed kinda related since the "Explore Next Unexplored Square" is added by Mafia, but I guess it can't add it if KoL doesn't return a "Go back to the Typical Tavern Cellar" link.

Bale

Minion
Got it on the 2nd filthworm.

Hatchling: 1. Lash; 2. Flyer + Mild Curse to death; 3. Flyer + kill. The [use] link appeared properly after combat.
Drone: 1. Flyer; 2. Flyer + Lash; 3. Flyer + kill. The decoration is missing.

The 3rd one got the decoration again, so I really can't figure out what the pattern is. Debug log attached.

I encountered the bug again also! Here's my debug log on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/q2yQTAW2

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
On the fight page, the winged yeti is given a name - a different one for each character. We could disambiguate it into a monster named "winged yeti" - much as we disambiguate hobos into "cold hobo" for example - but Manuel actually lists it as the name, whereas Manuel actually has a monster named "cold hobo".

Similarly, I suppose we could disambiguate "<playername> the adventurer" into "jerk adventurer", say.

However, in both cases, we'd just be making up a monster name out of whole cloth, rather than using anything "official". I don't find the fact that the Wiki did exactly that especially compelling.

I'm not comfortable doing that, and so have not been thinking about it. I wish Manuel had "winged yeti" and "jerk adventurer", rather than "Mradrick" and "Veracity the adventurer".

Perhaps others have other opinions.

Darzil

Developer
I'm looking at it. In the mood to deal with oddities.

I'm just going to list them as "You the Adventurer" and "Your winged yeti", as we have "Your Shadow"

It's not ideal, but I'm not sure it's worth supporting variable monster names.

Also noticed that, for me at least, Darzil the Adventurer was first on the D page, and Groawton last on the G page, rather than being in alphabetical order.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Thanks for adding those monsters Darzil.

However, in both cases, we'd just be making up a monster name out of whole cloth, rather than using anything "official". I don't find the fact that the Wiki did exactly that especially compelling.

I'm not comfortable doing that, and so have not been thinking about it. I wish Manuel had "winged yeti" and "jerk adventurer", rather than "Mradrick" and "Veracity the adventurer".

I agree, but this wasn't the first time we've used player created names (phylums for instance) when TPTB didn't tell us theirs.

Immelan

I've searched, but I don't believe this has been covered yet. When using the relay browser in the haunted billiards room and you have both the pool cue and the staff of ed, it still suggests equipping the pool cue, even though the staff of ed has a better pool modifier. Not huge, but still worth reporting.