Nemesis quest script

Have you tried Ultimate Recovery? I use that and haven't ran into a problem with the nemesis script.

yes i use UR but for some reason it isnt curing Beaten Up. I've never figure out a way to get mafia to use hot tub to get rid of beaten up but not use it for just regular old healing. it's been some time since i tried, so there might be an easy way that i just dont know about.

janusfenix

Here's a version I edited, that handles more drink options as well as handling the Clown in a slightly different way.
I'm not sure if the clown handling is any better than the current way, but it's handy having it detect I can make some other drink instead.

Attachments

• nemesis.ash
    88.8 KB · Views: 38

slyz

Developer
It looks like your Fun House changes would suit people who use the script in-run. I'll find a way to incorporate them (when I have some time ...)

I see you choose how the clownosity item map should be sorted. Is the order a personal preference, or is there a logic behind it?

Bad location value: "Giant's Castle" (nemesis.ash, line 33)

I have my variable set to not farm automatically so I commented that line out. It seems to work fine without that line.

slyz

Developer
Fixed in v2.7. You need the KoLmafia daily .jar version r11893 or higher (download from the link in my signature).

People who do farm and who used the default value may encounter a problem next time the script gets to the farming part. Simply do the following in the gCLI before running the script:
Code:
zlib nemesis_farm_location =

janusfenix

It looks like your Fun House changes would suit people who use the script in-run. I'll find a way to incorporate them (when I have some time ...)

I see you choose how the clownosity item map should be sorted. Is the order a personal preference, or is there a logic behind it?

The sort order was, I wanted to check if I had enough items to get 4 clownosity without building anything new, before attempting to spend money or adventures putting together new items. At least, that's the 0 versus >0. The 1-7 was personal preference - I didn't want it replacing my weapon or Astral shirt if it could avoid it, and there's no point in building the balloon helmet if it could build the clown wig instead.

I don't think I got the logic right, for the sorting piece, but that was the goal.

Khari

slyz,

I downloaded the new script and, although it ran, when it got to the castle, I got the following error message:

"Now to spend some turns while waiting for the hitmen...
Mafia did not understand this location: none. Please check your nemesis_farm_location zlib setting.
Could not get the Volcano Map."

Nor sure what to do about this. I'm not comfortable editing zlib w/o knowing what I want to do.

you can fix this from the CLI. just type in zlib nemesis_farm_location = giant's castle (top floor) or some other place to burn turns while waiting for the nemesis hitmen. with all the non-combats in that zone you may wish to pick another zone. i think once it's set you'll be good to go.

Khari

you can fix this from the CLI. just type in zlib nemesis_farm_location = giant's castle (top floor) or some other place to burn turns while waiting for the nemesis hitmen. with all the non-combats in that zone you may wish to pick another zone. i think once it's set you'll be good to go.

Many thanks!

Magus_Prime

Some fuzzy matching errors if you're interested:

Code:
The string "Giant's Castle (top floor )" no longer matches a location     name; use "The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)" instead
Changing     "Giant's Castle (top floor )" to "The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top     Floor)" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 33)
Changing     "Sonata" to "The Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid of this message     (nemesis.ash, line 289)
Changing "Sonata" to "The Sonata of Sneakiness"     would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 289)
Changing "Sonata"     to "The Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash,     line 290)
Changing "Smooth Movement" to "Smooth Movements" would get     rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 291)
Changing "Smooth Movement"     to "Smooth Movements" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 291)
Changing     "Smooth Movement" to "Smooth Movements" would get rid of this message     (nemesis.ash, line 292)
Changing "Polka of Plenty" to "The Polka of     Plenty" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 447)
Changing     "Polka of Plenty" to "The Polka of Plenty" would get rid of this message     (nemesis.ash, line 449)
Changing "Cantata" to "Carlweather's Cantata of     Confrontation" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 785)
Changing     "Musk" to "Musk of the Moose" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash,     line 785)
Changing "Sonata" to "The Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid     of this message (nemesis.ash, line 795)
Changing "Sonata" to "The     Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 795)
Changing     "Sonata" to "The Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid of this message     (nemesis.ash, line 796)
Changing "Smooth Movement" to "Smooth     Movements" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 797)
Changing     "Smooth Movement" to "Smooth Movements" would get rid of this message     (nemesis.ash, line 797)
Changing "Smooth Movement" to "Smooth     Movements" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 798)
Changing     "vermilion slime" to "vial of vermilion slime" would get rid of this     message (nemesis.ash, line 1468)
Changing "amber slime" to "vial of     amber slime" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 1468)
Changing     "chartreuse slime" to "vial of chartreuse slime" would get rid of this     message (nemesis.ash, line 1468)
Changing "teal slime" to "vial of teal     slime" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 1469)
Changing     "purple slime" to "vial of purple slime" would get rid of this message     (nemesis.ash, line 1469)
Changing "indigo slime" to "vial of indigo     slime" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 1469)
Changing     "Sonata of Sneakiness" to "The Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid of this     message (nemesis.ash, line 2089)
Changing "Sonata of Sneakiness" to     "The Sonata of Sneakiness" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash,     line 2089)
Changing "Sonata of Sneakiness" to "The Sonata of     Sneakiness" would get rid of this message (nemesis.ash, line 2090)

ckb

Minion
Staff member
It looks like this script does not get the black hymnal for PMs (to get Canticle of Carboloading). Can you add an option for that, or a big reminder, or just make the script do it always?
That would be sweet.

Theraze

The script doesn't do any of the post-nemesis-visit-the-smoking-ruins visits. Whether canticle or just smirking. Amongst other things because it stops before the final Nemesis combats actually begin. Everything after that is on you...

Winterbay

Well it does print "remember to talk to the guild afterwards" when it aborts so it could append "and check the smoking ruin" for the classes where that is relevant possibly.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Yea, a nice reminder would be good. Maybe in red and 2 inches tall. Or a hand that comes out of my monitor and smacks me in the face.

Last edited:
I want to seriously shower some love on those who wrote this. Being able to 'bypass' the horrible Accordion Thief Nemesis quest is easily me new favourite thing about Mafia. LOVE!!!

Crowther

There are amazing scripts I use every combat (before, during and after). Mafia itself is something amazing to keep updated. While it might sound sarcastic by now, I still really love the hell out of this script. Nearly optimal and darn easy to run. In light of recent events I'm glad I pumped out BIG! runs and this script help save my sanity as I ascended way too often trying to get my sea stuff. I don't know what I'll do with that karma, but I can't not pick it up!