my_zodiac()

Jt

I get an error trying to use this function, has it been removed?

Undefined reference 'my_zodiac' (test.ash, line 3)

Code:
int main() {

print( my_zodiac() );

return 1;
}

Thanks,
Jt

dangerpin

http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,938.msg4645.html#msg4645

[quote author=holatuwol]
I get an error trying to use this function, has it been removed?

Most of the xxx_to_xxx will continue to be available, however there will no longer be any type checking on them. Not that this matters, fundamentally speaking, since you're just interested in the return value for these anyway. In addition to this, I've removed the following functions which I didn't see any point to:

void put_closet( int meat )
void take_closet( int meat )
zodiac my_zodiac()

Other things removed include a few other quest-related functions, like auto-completers for the gourd quest (which I don't think anyone actually used in ASH), the automatic guild unlock (which I'm not sure anyone used) and the nemesis quest (same deal -- this seems more like a CLI thing anyway). I don't really understand the zodiac data type given that they're not that useful, so they're gone as well.

[/quote]

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think the whole "zodiac" datatype is gone. We now just have "in_muscle_sign()", "in_mysticality_sign()", "in_moxie_sign()", and "in_bad_moon()". If you can give an example of how those are not adequate in a real script, but "my_zodiac()" would solve your problem - not just "it's a nice idea" - holatuwol can evaluate whether that trumps his urge for simplification. :)

Jt

Nope these will work, thanks! I even thought I searched around over here before making my post, I guess not very well :)

Edit:
The new functions actually work much better :)

Thanks,
Jt