Bug - Fixed Multiusable

Cool12309

Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs is not multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was

(I still don't understand why a central thread for typos, for plurals, for multiusables, etc. isn't made)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs is not multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was

(I still don't understand why a central thread for typos, for plurals, for multiusables, etc. isn't made)
No one that updates mafia has a problem with the current system. Besides, if there's anything to learn from G-D, it's that giant threads become pretty useless after a while.

xKiv

No one that updates mafia has a problem with the current system. Besides, if there's anything to learn from G-D, it's that giant threads become pretty useless after a while.

Also, you can mark threads as fixed, but not individual posts. And even if you could, you couldn't search for unfixed ones.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That is exactly the point. It really pisses me off when people make a bug report with 5 different issues, since I can't mark it Fixed until all of the issues have been addressed - and then, if they say, "oh by the way, look at this, too", it just exacerbates the issue.

Bug reports - and svn revision numbers - are not a limited resource. Use them. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Also, you can mark threads as fixed, but not individual posts. And even if you could, you couldn't search for unfixed ones.
As a followup, in preparation for the upcoming point release, I looked at the first 50 (!) pages of the Bug Report forum and looked at every single thread that was not "Fixed" or "Implemented" to decide what our priorities should be. For open threads, if it took too much work to decide what, exactly, needed to be done - when some number of submits had been made but the thread had not been closed - my eyes glazed over and I moved on and ignored the thread.

Give us things to work on that have a clear resolution for being "fixed" or "implemented". Make it too complicated, and the resolution will be "ignored".

Damn. Now I wish that was an official status we could apply to a thread: "Bug - Ignored". :)