Moveable feast

In a script how can you use a moveable feast?

If you type "use moveable feast" into the CLI, it causes the item to be equipped on your familiar then removed and the old item replaced.

However equipping and unequipping the item is pointless and has no effect. In order to gain the buff the [use] link should be clicked in the inventory page (without equipping).

Also should this be submitted as a bug? It seems like the equip/unequip function was added as an attempt to activate the buff since i don't see any other reason for it.

bisky

I .ash this to get my monkey extremely well fed:

use_familiar($familiar[hobo monkey]);
visit_url("inv_use.php?&pwd&which=2&whichitem=4135");

Change the familiar to whatever you like, of course.

So if you don't use .ash, then you could use the following command in the CLI:

ash visit_url("inv_use.php?&pwd&which=2&whichitem=4135")

Last edited:
so, seriously, who needs to borrow my MF so that extremely well-fed and use v. equip can be coded in support of this IotM? :)

Heffed

so, seriously, who needs to borrow my MF so that extremely well-fed and use v. equip can be coded in support of this IotM? :)

You could PM Veracity and offer, but I suspect she already has one.

The big problem is that this item is a difficult one to support. To quote from the dev forum:

Veracity said:
We don't detect the effect of the moveable feast on a familiar. It's not a status effect. It's an internal flag on individual familiars. It doesn't show up on the Terrarium - only on the charpane, where the familiar is described as being "extremely well fed" and shows up as 10 lbs. heavier. You can use the item once a day for up to five familiars - which must be your current familiar; it's not like a "familiar curse item" where you pick the victim - and the effect lasts 20 (?) turns. I don't know what happens if you use it on a familiar today, don't run tuns, and then rollover happens. Can you do it on the same familiar the next day immediately, and get, in effect, 40 turns?

Given all that, I really don't know what we can do with this: we only know a familiar has the effect by looking at the charpane when it is your current familiar, and even then, we have no way of knowing how long it is affected.

We could add a count of gluttony turns remaining for each familiar, but since you can it outside of KoLmafia and we can't detect it from within the game, it would not be guaranteed accurate.

Ick.