Morning/daily scriptlet, help?

hippymon

Is there a way to do something like: "if player name=aristotle cal script (Script name)" AND "if name=popo131 do nothing"?

muffins

Yes, using ASH, an if statement, and the name function found here, you can do exactly that. In fact, you wouldn't even need to specify the other name, as it would not meet the conditions of the initial if statement, therefore, the script would not get called for anything but the character name you specified in the if statement.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=muffins link=topic=989.msg4941#msg4941 date=1182713069]
Yes, using ASH, an if statement, and the name function found here, you can do exactly that. In fact, you wouldn't even need to specify the other name, as it would not meet the conditions of the initial if statement, therefore, the script would not get called for anything but the character name you specified in the if statement.
[/quote]

How would I go about doing it by class? *wants to set up a script for morning eating scriplet* Well... that is if NS13 doesn't totally muck up my eating habits.

macman104

[quote author=fewyn link=topic=989.msg4945#msg4945 date=1182739923]How would I go about doing it by class? *wants to set up a script for morning eating scriplet* Well... that is if NS13 doesn't totally muck up my eating habits.[/quote]Well...if by class you mean, by mainstat, I think you'll be pleased to know that there is a function aptly named my_primestat()

hippymon

[quote author=muffins link=topic=989.msg4941#msg4941 date=1182713069]
[/quote]

Thank you! So, I read it and came up with this: "if string my name(aristotle) call script "A-softcore..." correct?

macman104

[quote author=hippymon link=topic=989.msg4950#msg4950 date=1182795791]Thank you! So, I read it and came up with this: "if string my name(aristotle) call script "A-softcore..." correct?[/quote]Pretty much...pseudocode:

if( my_name equals aristotle)
call A-softcore...
Code:
if(my_name() == "aristotle")
{
    cli_execute("call A-softcore.ash");
}

hippymon

What is it that you are trying to do? Here is something to help...

if(my_name() == "NAME"){
INSERT COMMANDS
}

Now that I've got it running custom scripts for each char. I have/run for others, How would I get it to equip a custom outfit?

And on that subject, could I get it to equip a custom outfit per main stat?
So when I ascend I don't have to change my script. =]
Thank you.
~Duff

p.s. this is my script so far.

Code:
if(my_name() == "Duffkiligan")
{
cli_execute("call duff_breakfast.ash");
}

if(my_name() == "Duff Third")
{
cli_execute("call third_breakfast.ash");
}

if(my_name() == "Crimbo in July")
{
cli_execute("call crimbo_breakfast.ash");
}

And it works perfectly!

hippymon

If you want to equip a custom outfit depending on your mainstat simply do
Code:
if(my_primestat() == $stat[mysticality]){
outfit("SavedClothes");
}
OR if you want to do it depending on your class...
Code:
if(my_class() == $class[seal clubber]){
outfit("SavedClothes");
}
Just change the mysticality or seal clubber to your choosing and replace "savedclothes" to your outfit name....