Bug - Fixed Mom's Food failures

LordAo

With the recent introduction of the "Mom's Food" dropdown in Daily Deeds, the following bugs or problems exist:

• There system does not check for nor equip Makeshift-SCUBA gear or an Aerated Diving Helmet prior to attempting to access Mom
  • If the user does not have underwater breathing capabilities, the system reports "You can only get one food a day from Mom Sea Monkee."
  • The option is then greyed out, even though the user has not obtained anything from Mom
  • (Cosmetic) - it would be nice to list the effects matching to values seen in-game, like the "Vamp Out" script does.

The command works fine if a user first equips (or is already wearing) underwater breathing items.

I'm not a developer, but the logic should presumably do this:

Check if the user has Makeshift-Scuba or Aerated Diving Helmet (or other suitable items or effects) available
Error out if the user cannot breathe under water​
Check if the user has unlocked Mom
Error out informing the user that he or she does not have access to Mom if the user does not. (parsing the result from "/go Mom" in the CLI seems to provide information that might be useful?)
If the user has underwater breathing capabilities and has access to Mom:
Store the value of the current hat
equip any of the items that allow underwater breathing
invoke the "visit mom" command for the requested feature
swap the hat back to the original hat worn
Inform the user that the visit was successful
Dim the button

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The option is then greyed out, even though the user has not obtained anything from Mom

This, it seems to me, is consistent with the current Daily Deeds behavior. My experience is that gray means "You cannot do it today" rather than "You did it and succeeded".

Darzil

Developer
It's wrong in this case, I think. It shouldn't be there at all if you haven't rescued Mom, but only grey out when you have succeeded. Am looking at it now. In particular it was caused by (my) lazy coding that looked for failing to gain an effect and assumed that the only cause was you'd already done it. (And also because there is no failure text)

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r14613 adds equipping underwater equipment for you and familiar when you try to visit Mom. Adds more checks to avoid wrongly setting that you'd received food.